1st time cruisers on Solstice 5/16 ?s..

KDC1224

Hi- I may have just missed this on the Celebrity website- but need clarification on the formal nights if someone can help define- I have no cocktail/ formal attire so I'm starting to look around- so do I need a long dress or a "cocktail"?? Any other advice is welcomed too...thanks!!

You'll see a mixture of both. Because they take up less luggage space (and the style) I prefer a cocktail dress...usually a black one. Several times I have taken only one black cocktail dress and worn it to both formal nights......just changed the accessories (jewelry, shawl, shoes, etc.)

Forgot to add.......Go to the CC home page and select "Cruise Discussion Topics" then

"Cruise Fashions and Beauty" and you will find a TON of stuff (including dress pictures) from women regarding cruise dress....especially swimsuits and formal dress.

Pants and a dressy top work fine. On Solstice two weeks ago I brought my Chico's "travelers" pants and two dressy jackets with beading on them that I wear with a tank underneath. On prior cruises I've brought dressy dresses short and long...and a dressy pants outfit that is black pants with a top that looks like a tank and jacket but is one-piece; the tank is black but the jacket is glittery. Feels like pjs...i'll wear it til it falls apart!

And if you decide to bring one outfit for the 2 formal nights, remember that they're always spaced with enough time to get the outfit cleaned if necessary. Dh always gets his shirt laundered and pressed between the two formal nights on a week's cruise.

Virginia

Archived