8 Days in May on the Freedom - Your Input is much appreciated!!

rsharma1033

Hello,

We'll be cruising on May 22nd aboard the Carnival Freedom for 8 days. We've got a balcony room on the 6th floor at the aft of the ship. Anyone stay around that location? Do you feel a lot of motion or hear lots of noise?

We're going with the anytime dining option and are a group of 6. Do you find there are long wait times? I'm travelling with a 2 1/2 and 5 year old so I figure this would work better than the set times since I don't want to rush back from port to make dinner and I don't know if the kids will last through the 8pm dining. Having said that, I'm hoping I don't have to wait 1 hour for a table.

With respect to bringing wine on board, I understand it's one bottle per adult. Do you carry the bottles on or do you put them in your checked baggage?

Someone had posted a pic of the kids wading pool and it looked really tiny. Is it really that tiny or is there a bigger kids pool? I've read some posts where it says the water has been cold in the pools, I'm hoing since its the end of May the water temp will be better!

Anyone know what sorts of activities they do in the kids club?

The stops that we'll be making are: Antigua, Tortola, Nassau, San Juan and St. Thomas. The pictures that I've seen thus far on this board look amazing. Do any of you have suggestions of things to do that kids would love?

Thanks for your input!!

We were on Freedom in January although it was the 6-day itinerary. We had a suite, so can't respond on the balcony room aft. We had late seating dining but the top floor of our dining room was reserved for the anytime diners and there never seemed to be a wait. You can carry on a bottle of wine per adult....not in your checked luggage, in your carry-on that stays with you. The waterslide area is not really a pool for swimming but the main pool seemed large enough...not huge but sufficient. There is also an adult only pool at the back. Can't comment on KidsClub. There were so few kids on our cruise. The times I did see the kids in the clubs they all seemed to be having a great time. I loved the Freedom! I think you will too!

We had a great time aboard the Carnival Freedom last summer with our kids. Our cruise was a bit of a mystery, as we were in the midst of a few hurricanes and tropical storms.

Link to the review with TONS of info and pics is in my signature. Enjoy!

CeleBrat

Thank you all for the responses so far! I really can`t wait!

I was a little worried about the nightclub below. I chose the location because it is a quick elevator ride to one of the eating areas. I have some time now so I can change if I hear it`s a problem.

Celebrat, your pics were great!! Looks like you and your family had a great cruise and what a surprise for your kids!!

We did this itinerary last year on Freedom and was awesome.

Consider going to the baths in Tortola but go to the port of call pages for more info. Go thru lots of small caves and kids would probably love doing this.

Beatles show is great if you love th beatles and we do.

Archived