Can you tell me what the temperatures will be in the Med in July?

Because after reading Jody's cruise review from MAY with the temps in the high 80's and 90's I'm starting to think it's going to be unbearable. We are doing the Celebrity tour- Civitavecchia, Naples, Mykonos, Santorini, Valetta, Barcelona, Villefranche. And having asked that question, I have another....Everyone talks about dressing conservatively in Europe, so in the real heat, does that mean long sleeves and long pants or are tank tops and shorts okay in most places?

THanks,

Jane
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;2;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
until Galaxy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Macjaney:
Because after reading Jody's cruise review from MAY with the temps in the high 80's and 90's I'm starting to think it's going to be unbearable. We are doing the Celebrity tour- Civitavecchia, Naples, Mykonos, Santorini, Valetta, Barcelona, Villefranche. And having asked that question, I have another....Everyone talks about dressing conservatively in Europe, so in the real heat, does that mean long sleeves and long pants or are tank tops and shorts okay in most places?

THanks,

Jane
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is going to be HOT..that you can count on.In the cities you really are best not to wear shorts and tank tops,but tha is my opinion.Linen slacks and short sleeved tops would be fine. In the resort areas shorts would be fine..it is just a european thing.You can not enter the cathedrals without shoulders covered and must be wearing a skirt or long pants as well as long pants for men.Anything light colored and light cotton will be fine.Even capri pants would be acceptable.Werar a hat and carry water,use sunscreen as well.

Karen
Ü

Karen, Just thought of another question. What about denim capris? My teenage daughters will want to know the answer to that. Also, are tennis shoes appropriate? Can you tell this is our first Med/Europe cruise?

Becky

Hi, my family of 4 will also be on that cruise as I have 2 teenagers as well (17 girl, 15 boy)We are staying a few nights in Rome prior to the trip and am concerned regarding the heat also. I hate to be the "ugly american" but I am figuring on nicer shorts most places and just take light trowsers in a back pack for when we tour the vatican.

Mark
[email="mjbaratz@comcast.net"]mjbaratz@comcast.net[/email]

To be honest with all of you...you will see everything no doubt about it.I was just giving an overview of the basics on how to dress as the Europeans are more formal than we are,and especially in the cities.That is a given,but as I said you will see it all from shorts to tank tops to minis to whatever.Capris will be fine even denium and teenager's are teenager's no matter where they live so they will be fine.I can't say all cathedrals will except capris,and I am sure the Vatican may not as I have heard they are enforcing a strict dress code this year.I have seen people turned away that do not meet the standards...jeans,shorts etc.,but that could be just that day. It is really hard to say.I think if you all go neatly dressed,comfortable in whatever it is you are wearing you will be just fine.
A few rules other than dress...DO NOT hang your bags,camera off the back of any chair where you may stop to eat,in any crowded area keep belonging's close to you,do not carry more than you need for the day,and no passports.Drink a lot of water!!!Above all ENJOY!!!

Karen
Ü

Archived