Nativeway Stingray and Tsland Tour

stevedam

I used Captain Bryan and it was great!!!!!

They have a 50' catamaran and were inexpensive ($34) and had had by far the best boat out at Stinray City.

I booked online and they placed a 20% deposit on my credit card as agreed.

When Thursday arrived my wife was sick and unable to take the tour.

I was fullu prepared to pay for her because I had confirmed with a credit card but when I arrived to take the tour they only charged me for my portion of the tour.

More than fair, I'd say.

I would not hesitate to recommend this tour and plan on using them the next time that we are in Grand Cayman.

Mike

Here is the email I got from them today, I'm very disapointed!!!:mad:

Hi Steven,

Pleasant Greetings from Grand Cayman...and thanks for contacting us!

I do not think you will be able to take the tour. It departs the pier at 9:30 AM Central Time and completes at 1:30 PM Central Time. Your ship's last tender may be at 1:30 PM Central Time.

Right now, Cayman time and island time are the same. However, when daylight savings time goes into effect on April 3, ship time and local Cayman time will be different (we do not observe daylight savings time). So, 1:30 PM Cayman time (the completion time for the tour) will be 2:30 PM ship time. If your ship sails at 3 PM. The last tender back to the ship is at 2:30 PM Eastern.

We do have availability on a tour that goes to Stingray Sandbar and Coral Gardens (a snorkeling stop). It departs the pier at 9:30 AM Central and completes at 12:15 PM Central. The price is $30 per person.

Let me know if you would like to reserve space.

Sharon Ebanks

I think that e-mail was an honest reply making sure that you would have time for the tour you were interested in.We did the tour that she mentions at the end of your message and were back in plenty of time.You must have requested a different tour that takes longer? It sounds to me that she was only trying to be helpful.You may have to try a different ,shorter excursion due to their time difference.Not their fault how soon ships leave the port,ya know?:)

Here is the email I got from them today, I'm very disapointed!!!:mad:

Hi Steven,

Pleasant Greetings from Grand Cayman...and thanks for contacting us!

I do not think you will be able to take the tour. It departs the pier at 9:30 AM Central Time and completes at 1:30 PM Central Time. Your ship's last tender may be at 1:30 PM Central Time.

Right now, Cayman time and island time are the same. However, when daylight savings time goes into effect on April 3, ship time and local Cayman time will be different (we do not observe daylight savings time). So, 1:30 PM Cayman time (the completion time for the tour) will be 2:30 PM ship time. If your ship sails at 3 PM. The last tender back to the ship is at 2:30 PM Eastern.

We do have availability on a tour that goes to Stingray Sandbar and Coral Gardens (a snorkeling stop). It departs the pier at 9:30 AM Central and completes at 12:15 PM Central. The price is $30 per person.

Let me know if you would like to reserve space.

Sharon Ebanks

Um...doesn't the ship adjust its time to local time?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have always used Nativeway and have never had to give a deposit. We've only had time for the stingray snorkel and coral reef, but enjoyed that both times we used them.

Some ships adjust their time, but in my experience, most don't. And you really don't want to miss your ship!:(

Archived