Pride of America questions

edgeman61

I have a couple of questions about cabin selection on POA.

We are looking at mid-ship balconies and are wondering what deck would you all choose (8, 9 or 10).

Deck 10 appears to be below the pool, bars and restaurants, that has me a little wary. Deck 8 looks to be somewhat obstructed by lifeboats (yes/no?).

When I browse the online Cruise agencies, they only show deck 10 BA cabins. Does that mean that deck 10 BA cabins are better than deck 9 BA cabins or that they are trying to move them harder? :confused:

Also, we are looking at a Nov 2011 cruise. Is it advisable to book now or wait for a better price.

Thanks for your responses.

Also, we are looking at a Nov 2011 cruise. Is it advisable to book now or wait for a better price.

Our original booked price on POA this upcoming August was over $3K. Later we noticed a price drop, and the TA adjusted the price. Then, we did the same thing when the price dropped again. Now our price is under $2K. This is for two in an inside cabin.

So, quite a lot of money, and we would not have gained a thing by waiting to book. If the price goes up, you have locked in a low rate. If it goes down, your TA should be able to get you the lower price, at least up until the time of final payment.

The prices for a BA have already gone up from $1309 2/3 weeks ago to $1459 when they ran the free upgrade and today the BAs are at $1499

WE are booked for October and were paying almost 50% less than when we did the same cruise in 2008.

Generally , the seas are mild and fairly gentle around the islands.

The higher you are on the ship, the better your view.

Hawaii is a very "port intensive" cruise, so many will state that you will not spend much time in your cabin, so you need not invest in even an ocean view cabin.

My thought is that the scenery is so magnificent that I want to see it all!

We love setting on the balcony early in the mornings and late in the evenings, enjoying a cold drink (or even a hot cup of coffee)...away from the maddening crowds.

A deck 10 BA cabin is (IMHO) a great purchase!

I have a couple of questions about cabin selection on POA.

We are looking at mid-ship balconies and are wondering what deck would you all choose (8, 9 or 10). 9 looks like a good choice for you.

Deck 10 appears to be below the pool, bars and restaurants, that has me a little wary. Deck 8 looks to be somewhat obstructed by lifeboats (yes/no?). I believe that's true.

When I browse the online Cruise agencies, they only show deck 10 BA cabins. Does that mean that deck 10 BA cabins are better than deck 9 BA cabins or that they are trying to move them harder? :confused: There are no BA cabins on Deck 9. They are only on Deck 11 and Deck 10. Lower decks will be either BB, BC, BD or BE, depending upon the location on those decks.

Thanks for your responses.

See the comments within your post.

Archived