What to do in Cozumel?

stevedam

I have already book a dolphin swim in Roatan, the Stingray and Island tour in Grand cayman, and the ruins in Costa Maya? Can anybody suggest anything in Cozumel that I be interested in doing. I would like to snorkel but not sure what else. I'm in port for 15 hrs. Help!

We were there just this past week - 1/17. It was too cold for us to swim, and most of the snorkeling got cancelled.

As an alternative, we took a taxi ($6 total each way for 4 people) downtown to Cozumel Mini-golf. So much fun. Very challenging course set in a beautiful tropical location. Owned by American.

The price ws $7 per person for 18 holes. Plus, Scott gives you a walkie-talkie to order drinks from your hole. They have $1 canned pop, and I think the Coronas and sangria were $2 or $3. He just keeps a tab for you and then pay when you're done. Make sure you take cash though.

It was fun to get off the beaten path just a little and go downtown near where the locals shop and live.

http://www.cozumelminigolf.com

• 1 month later...
I'm arriving April 7th(approx) on the Valor. I hope the water will be warm enough in april so I can do some snorkeling and stuff.

I'd be very interested in any site with historical or current cozumel water temperature information.

Everything I've read says "water temperatures start to climb into the mid 80's in mid-April", but that doesn't help much with your April 7th arrival...

Thanks for your comments Karla! Glad to hear you had a great time; for clarification: our Beer and Sangria is only $2. Plus, as a free bonus, after 3 Mexican beers or Sangrias... your Spanish improves :)

Scott/Golfito

Stevedam and Nonesuch,

You asked where to get current local water temp and weather conditions...try this link: www.cozumelinsider.com/Weather Weather conditions, water temp and other info is posted daily. The water temp today is 79 degrees...in the spring (March-June) it usually ranges between 79-81. It may feel a little cool in early April for snorkeling when you first enter the water, but your body will adjust especially if it is a warm, sunny day, so don't let this keep you from snorkeling Cozumel's beautiful reefs.

Karen

If you go to www.czmgolf.com there is a small map of where they are located. If you want a bigger map of Coz go into www.eagleraydivers.com and there is a real nice street map. The golf place is open until 11pm which is great if you have kids and are looking to fill the eve while everyone else is partying in the clubs.

Scott:

How far is the mini-golf complex from Cinco Soles?

Just looking at your cruise iteneray for this year and i want to know how in the world you can go on one cruise after the next??? If there is some secret im missing out on please share.

By the way im a fellow Buckeye...I live in Westerville!

Scott:

How far is the mini-golf complex from Cinco Soles?

Just looking at your cruise iteneray for this year and i want to know how in the world you can go on one cruise after the next??? If there is some secret im missing out on please share.

By the way im a fellow Buckeye...I live in Westerville!

Not a secret - just a span of good luck and our addiction to taking the cheap seats for vacations.

Our kids are all grown. DH still works (MCL Cafeterias), I work part-time as a journalist. House is paid for.

Whenever we fly back from a cruise, we take airline bumps when offered. Helps pay air travel to and from cruise ports. We book inside cabins. Never see the need for more expensive cabins since we'd rather be cruising more often than spending most of our dough on just one cruise a year.

We do few excursions in ports. Gambling money is about $20 per cruise.

Plus, we changed our charge card over to an NCL MBNA card that gives us dollars towards NCL cruises. Been on 5 NCL cruises since 2002.

We just shop around for a cheap seat that fills times DH can cruise. We are having a blast and the time of our lives. Spent 25 years moving children by car to and from Florida during spring break, doing whatever they wanted to do on vacation.

Now, vacation time is ours. We don't need much to keep us entertained - just the two of us on a ship traveling somewhere - at a price we can afford - and then we're very, very happy. :)

Dianne

I hear ya...mine are 10 and 13 so Ive still got a few more yrs ahead of me.

I practice most of your cruise "secrets". We to do inside and always look for ways to do activities in port cheap. we to are hoping the house is paid for byt the time the last one turns 18. We have even thought about buying a place in the islands! Never hurts to dream.

thanks for your info, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing out on something as I do love to cruise.

Not a secret - just a span of good luck and our addiction to taking the cheap seats for vacations.

Our kids are all grown. DH still works (MCL Cafeterias), I work part-time as a journalist. House is paid for.

Whenever we fly back from a cruise, we take airline bumps when offered. Helps pay air travel to and from cruise ports. We book inside cabins. Never see the need for more expensive cabins since we'd rather be cruising more often than spending most of our dough on just one cruise a year.

We do few excursions in ports. Gambling money is about $20 per cruise.

Plus, we changed our charge card over to an NCL MBNA card that gives us dollars towards NCL cruises. Been on 5 NCL cruises since 2002.

We just shop around for a cheap seat that fills times DH can cruise. We are having a blast and the time of our lives. Spent 25 years moving children by car to and from Florida during spring break, doing whatever they wanted to do on vacation.

Now, vacation time is ours. We don't need much to keep us entertained - just the two of us on a ship traveling somewhere - at a price we can afford - and then we're very, very happy. :)

Dianne

Stevedam,

Here's my perfect day in Cozumel:

Rent a jeep at the pier (Budget or Avis are readily available). Drive to the La Caleta marina and do a two-reef or three-reef snorkel trip with Eagle Ray Divers (web site is posted earlier in the thread). We went snorkeling with them a couple of weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC! The water temp was fine then, so don't worry about April. After the snorkeling, drive south around the island. Chankanaab Park is a very nice beach if you want to hang out for a while (~$10/pp for admission) - it would be your first stop (just south of the marina). Or cruise on by Chankanaab and stop & chill wherever the beach looks good (the farther south you go the water gets rougher and you can't swim, but the scenery is gorgeous). There are beachside bars (like Coconuts) where you can stop for a drink. After you round the southern point, head back north along the coastline to Punta Morena for some grilled lobster and beers. And some more quality beach / swim time (& watch the surfers if they're out). Complete the loop (turn west) and stop at the tequila distillery for a tour and/or some samples. Head back into town, cruise around a bit, then return the rental car. Head for Carlos & Charlie's. Have fun 'til you can't take it any more!!! Head back to the ship for sail away party. Woo hoo!!

Archived