Questions about aft mini-suite on Oceana

tom_uk

Has anyone here had one of the aft-facing mini-suites on Oceana (Cat BA)? I'm wondering what the balcony is like in those particular mini-suites. The cabin diagram makes it look as if the mini-suite balcony is almost the same size as for the aft-facing full suites, and possibly even wraps round, but I've seen pictures of Oceana's stern in which it seems to show that the mini-suite balconies are just half the size of the suite balconies. I'd be grateful for comments from anyone who's been in one of these mini-suites.

I've got a clear picture of what the main (port & starboard) mini-suites on deck B are like, so I don't need advice on them.

we have had the full suite 3 times on oceana, C746, and once we popped into our neighbours mini suite next door so that would be C744.

the length of the balcony is about the same, dosent wrap round, but the mini suite balcony is probably half the width

i would say definately go for it, it is probably one of the best mini suite balconys on that ship, and the reason we had a look was, if hubby and i were on our own any time, we wouldn,t need to have the full suite, and to be honest we really only book the suite for the size of the balcony, where we were able to have 6 sun loungers, table and 4 chairs,

so possibly half that for mini suite. also there isn,t the overhang that you get on many ships, so therefore you will get the sun for the best part of the day, and it is great on sea days,to have your own place to lounge.

honestly if you do book that one, you will not be disappointed, we would definately book it, if we wanted a mini suite.

We had a suite on the Ventura this February, and it wasn,t anywhere near as nice as the Oceana suite balconys, so good luck.

hope this helps.

ps) just to add when you look at the photo single cruiser had kindly posted, you will notice the shape of the balconies, so my advice to make full use of the sun, is not to book below C deck, as they are more shaded.

We had a upgrade (paid) to a mini on D Deck.

For us it was not money well spent. The balcony was not very deep had a great overhang and on top of that we found the movement of the ship at that point not to our liking.

Pics of a B deck mini can be found here.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/549336516kSsAyD?start=12

Regards Cb

The layout of the aft mini suites and suites on the Sun Princess are slightly different to the Oceana. On the Sun they are on the inside where the Oceanas suites are and the suites are on the outside where the Oceanas minis are! Hope this makes sense! We had B755 mini on the Sun a few years ago and the space and the balcony was brilliant, but the vibrations and the rattles were a pain to say the least!

Regards

Richardj

We've had C747 twice and C746 once. In our opinion the C deck aft minis are among the best cabins in the fleet. When you look at the photo of the stern of Oceana I know the balconies on the minis look small compared to the suite balconies. The suite balconies are HUGE, and the mini balconies are large. We've had a dozen people on the C deck mini balcony with no problem. The C deck minis have the largest balconies compared to the ones on B and D deck. We would go for a C deck aft mini in an instant. They are, in our opinion, so much better than the midship minis on B deck.

:)

• 5 years later...
Hi I can't open the picture

I have not used one of these cabins however I have looked round one and they are huge. Much bigger than the midship ones. In fact they are bigger than suites on other ships.

Only problem is that they do not have a separate shower as the others do. If this is not a problem for you then give it a go.