Hotels with day rates near LAX

orchid72

Hello,

My husband and I will be arriving in LAX in July around 0800 hrs. We have a long lay-over before we have to board a Qantas flight at 2300 hrs.

Since we have been to LA before, we are really not interested in sightseeing. Instead, we would like to take this opportunity to rest and shower before our long flight to Australia.

We thought about paying for the ReLAX lounge, but at $50/person, I do not think it is worth it considering they have no showers or napping facilities (not even lounge chairs, apparently).

Could you recommend a day-use hotel near the area that offers free shuttles? We are willing to pay up to $80 all in. Our needs are basic: bed, shower, shuttle, and restaurant within walking distance.

I’ve searched the CC boards as well as the flyer talk forum (among others), and so far, the hotel that comes up most often is the Travelodge, but the reviews are mixed. I also thought about pricelining it, but with us wanting to check in early, I may have to bid for 2 nights instead of 2, which I would rather not do, but if it will work out to $40 per night all in, Ièd do it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Archived