Do I really need my EDocs?

dalitos

I booked/paid for our Summit cruise on April 17th at the end of last week, and maybe by sunday or monday I saw a link to our edocs on the celebrity website, which I looked through but decided not to print since it seems like such a waste of paper (isn't part of the edoc thing saving paper?). I also didn't think the information there was extremely relevant, or personal. I did my online check-in, printed the xpress pass, and thought we were done. Today I get an email from celebrity (through my agent) saying our edocs are ready and to print them out and bring them to the boarding process. Do I really need them?

Thanks everyobody.

We are not doing transportation with Celebrity, and figured what a waste to print 32 pages! It looks like a borchure more than any type of document.

Yes, don't print all 332 pages - its basically the packet they mail out and info you find on the website. but print the Xpress Pass - it has a line scanner that the check-in clerk uses to call up all your info. They can do it off your ID, but the Xpress pass has all they need and does speed it all up, and it your document with all your info incase there is any 'errors' on their side of the check-in process. Kind of like the docs I take with me with my hotel reservation info - Res#, room#, dining assignment - that type of thing.

Denny

Just experienced edocs this week, since they are now charging $35 for the book to be sent home.

Only print out what you think you might want want like the itinerary or your status page etc.

I did not see any option to print out luggage tags.

Luggage tags are now being distributed at the port of embarkation or you can have them mail your 8 luggage tags to your home address. There is a form to fill out to do the home mailing.

When I called to ask if I can print them out, they said that wasn't an option on Celebrity. Maybe I missed something.

Hope Celebrity can do this without any hitches. I'll let you know when I get my tags for my May 3rd sailing. I requested them online on March 15th.

All you need is valid photo ID or a passport depending on the cruise. The xpress pass might speed things up a bit but you don't technically need it.

This is not necessarily the case. When we've entered the port area security, we've been asked a few times to show our cruise documents, such as the xpress pass, along with our passports/photo ID. If we didn't have any proof that we're on a cruise, the officer would not have let us pass.

Technically it is possible to board the ship without having any cruise document along. You would need to explain the situation and wait for them to look you up in their computer system to confirm that you are a legitimate passenger. So there is no need for total panic if you should somehow happen to lose your xpress pass. But it would cause more of a hassle getting through security and then there would be the delay at check-in. Bringing the xpress pass along makes the entire check in procedure so much smoother and easier.

As everyone is saying, there is certainly no need to print out all those pages of edocs. If you feel better about having them along with you, just download the file to your laptop (if bringing one with you) or email it to yourself so that you have the security blanket of knowing it is available to you from any location with internet access, anywhere in the world. Most likely you will never even look at it and will end up deleting it after the cruise is over, which is what we do.

I booked/paid for our Summit cruise on April 17th at the end of last week, and maybe by sunday or monday I saw a link to our edocs on the celebrity website, which I looked through but decided not to print since it seems like such a waste of paper (isn't part of the edoc thing saving paper?). I also didn't think the information there was extremely relevant, or personal. I did my online check-in, printed the xpress pass, and thought we were done. Today I get an email from celebrity (through my agent) saying our edocs are ready and to print them out and bring them to the boarding process. Do I really need them?

We are on this cruise also and I was wondering the exact same thing. I did order luggage tags online and had them within a few days. Thanks for all the info and I will just print out the xpress pass, and download the edocs on the laptop in case we have some pressing questions.

All we ever bring is the Xpress pass and passport of course.

If however, as Toronto_Gal posted, a person has Celebrity Travel or hotel vouchers, print out those pages as well.

The Xpress pass is good practice to make sure the passenger is on the manifest within the specified time for the home security protocol.

All we ever bring is our xpress pass along with identification. I also printed out the luggage tags and then "laminated" them with packing tape. We had no problems.

I can not find any where on their site where they offer luggage tags to print out. Can you tell me where I may find them? Thanks

I can not find any where on their site where they offer luggage tags to print out. Can you tell me where I may find them? Thanks

Have you received notice that you're eDocs are ready? Once that occurs you can go to the screen where you print out your Xpress pass and find the screen to order your tags.

Have you received notice that you're eDocs are ready? Once that occurs you can go to the screen where you print out your Xpress pass and find the screen to order your tags.

I printed off my xpress pass when I completed online check-in. That is the edocs? I did not see any where to click, and have sent my luggage tags, I am guessing this may be cause of going through a TA?

I printed off my xpress pass when I completed online check-in. That is the edocs? I did not see any where to click, and have sent my luggage tags, I am guessing this may be cause of going through a TA?

You will be notified by either your TA or Celebrity that your edocs are ready. That is the time to return to the On line check in page.

I just looked at mine:

icon_step4.gifspacer.gif Print and sign important documentation that will be required at the pier on your departure date. spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Online Check-in Summary:

Click "View Details" to view your Online Documentation Summary. Luggage Tag Information: We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because your sailing is within 13 days of today. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.

Archived