Carnival's Turneffe Snorkel & Beach Break - one more time?

w8ing2cruz

I've been trying to get answers to the following but I think most people take independent tours in Belize. We usually do too but wanted to avoid the tender issue - so here are my questions for any recent participants:

• What kind of boat picks you up from the ship - is it a catamaran?
  • How many people (guesstimate) does it hold? In other words, will it be the cattle call that most ship sponsored excursions are?
  • Is the beach break at Bannister?
  • And finally - is there rum punch on the way back?

I'd really appreciate any info on this excursion. Thanks.

Hey Janis - doesn't seem that a lot of cruisers take this excursion. Hopefully, we'll get some answers soon. :o

I am going to try reading reviews of ships that go to Belize. I'll let you know if I find anything.

First time posting, so I hope I can attach pix ok. We were on the Valor last year 4/09 and did the Turneffe and Beach Breack. At that time it was Bannister Island (not sure if this is still the beach part), but the island was beautiful, plenty to explore or swim. The water was on the shallow side for swimming. There was a bar and gift shop. Yes. rum punches on the boat included (bar on island not). It was a large catamaran that picked us up from the ship.

Belize.catamaran.jpg.c181ad01f76fb1692e75a21785561faf.jpg

Belize_cat2.jpg.a4edfad0610bab078419814187e79cc6.jpg

Belize.BannisterIsland.jpg.9a8a3167d31f0e06c420e8a6062e7d35.jpg

The picture posted of the cat at the dock on Bannister is on one side of the island. The beach area is on the other side, although you can swim right there, too.

I also noticed it said 3rd post. I guess my husband made a couple of posts before me!:rolleyes:

Anyway, we are going again to Belize in about a month and trying to decide on an excursion -- probably another snorkeling trip. Still deciding.

The snorkeling was good and easy off and on the boat. Also, it will depend on the weather -- the calmer and sunnier the better. There were tour guides in the water, but you didn't have to follow them. They would point out the areas where there were things to see. I guess if you got too far away they might bring you closer. They were very professional.

I don't remember it being over crowded, but there were a lot of people. I think we snorkeled for about an hour before heading to Bannister Island. I thought I read somewhere that they were not going to Bannister anymore, but not sure. We had a great day and may do that again or try Goffs Caye. I believe Belize has the second largest Barrier reef in the world, so if the weather is good the snorkeling should be good anywhere (from a boat) and I would imagine any beach would be wonderful. If they offer a morning or afternoon trip, I would go with the morning as it is "usually" calmer.

We had time after the excursion to drop off our stuff in the room and catch a tender to the port area for shopping.

Archived