Freedom - Room Above Club & Bars - Will we hear noise?

rsharma1033

We're sailing aboard the Carnival Freedom and our room is located on deck 6 at the aft area of the ship.

Our room will be above the area where the club, piano bar and the international aft lounge are located.

Our other option could be relocating on the 6th floor forward so we are above the Victoriana Main Lounge (Theatre?).

Do you think we'll hear noise from the club/lounges below?

Do you think because we're at the aft of the ship we'll feel lots of motion?

Thanks!

We're sailing aboard the Carnival Freedom and our room is located on deck 6 at the aft area of the ship.

Our room will be above the area where the club, piano bar and the international aft lounge are located.

Our other option could be relocating on the 6th floor forward so we are above the Victoriana Main Lounge (Theatre?).

Thanks!

We are sailing on June 5th. We are on deck six Room 6450. Above some international lounge. I have been told (via cruise critic posts) that nobody has heard anything in the rooms.

We are sailing on June 5th. We are on deck six Room 6450. Above some international lounge. I have been told (via cruise critic posts) that nobody has heard anything in the rooms.

I'll be on that cruise with you. Have you joined the roll call? I recently did.:cool:

I'll be on that cruise with you. Have you joined the roll call? I recently did.:cool:

Yep, online everyday. Can't wait. Just the hubby and me this time. No kids. We have been to all the ports before so we are not sure what we are going to do in port. How about you? What deck are you on? We are suppose to get 12 inches of snow on Saturday so I can't wait to get out of MI

We had cabin 6461 (balcony) on the carnival Freedom and it was horrible. Every night we could listen to the words of the piano bar singer and the loud instrument base, music, etc.

My grandpa, who is midly deaf, went to the purser's complaining about the noise because he couldn't go to sleep...

I don't recommend this cabin to anybody, avoid at all costs! if you have no other choise, take a fan, noise machine, something!

Yep, online everyday. Can't wait. Just the hubby and me this time. No kids. We have been to all the ports before so we are not sure what we are going to do in port. How about you? What deck are you on? We are suppose to get 12 inches of snow on Saturday so I can't wait to get out of MI

We are in WI. Enjoying the 60 degree weather, but heard snow is on the way. :( We are on deck 7 close to the aft.

We have not been to any of these ports as this is our first cruise so we hope we made good choices. (I think we have) Here is our excursion list:

Cozumel: Chankanaab (trying snuba too)

Costa Rica: Private tour. Boat ride on the Tortuguero canal, banana plantation, playa bonita beach and sloth sanctuary. Total cost is $85/person (Should we do the zip line too it is $45 extra) If you want to come with us feel free. If more people came, the cost would decrease to $70/person. :cool:

Panama: Arial tram (would do the canal, but afraid 8 hrs would be a bit much for our 9 year old)

Thanks!

My son and I had aft cabin 6442, the L shaped cabin with extended balcony this past September on the Freedom. It is also directly right over the bar and international club areas. You can DEFINITELY hear much of what is going on below, especially the thrumming of the bass and drum beats from the music. It was pretty significant between 9:00 PM and 12:30 AM. If you intend to go to bed before midnight, I don't recommend this room. However, my son and I were up until 1:00 AM with activities, so it was over by the time we were ready to turn in, and we loved the room and the extended balcony; would book it again in a heartbeat. :)

We are in WI. Enjoying the 60 degree weather, but heard snow is on the way. :( We are on deck 7 close to the aft.

We have not been to any of these ports as this is our first cruise so we hope we made good choices. (I think we have) Here is our excursion list:

Cozumel: Chankanaab (trying snuba too)

Costa Rica: Private tour. Boat ride on the Tortuguero canal, banana plantation, playa bonita beach and sloth sanctuary. Total cost is $85/person (Should we do the zip line too it is $45 extra) If you want to come with us feel free. If more people came, the cost would decrease to $70/person. :cool:

Panama: Arial tram (would do the canal, but afraid 8 hrs would be a bit much for our 9 year old)

Are you guys flying down before the cruise?

We were in 6450 in November. We did not have any problem with noise from the lounges...we didn't hear a thing.

On the other hand...there was in incredible amount of noise when pulling into ports. The room shook so much that I'm sure if there weren't little "guard rails" on the shelves in the bathroom, everything would have been on the floor. It shook so much that it woke us up...but it only lasted for a little while.

I thought you might enjoy some photos of your stateroom. We loved this stateroom because of the little "extras"...space, balcony size, you own little entryway...so those greatly outweighed the small inconvenience of the noise.

IMG_4214.jpg.65b8f95d54e73e74fdd9ef3ccca1aa25.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg.b03566b8e931ad1e42353abeb6498f73.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg.e3586013ed1dcf15d378d295249baddc.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg.f4bc0d5fb9b09cb0a61d704d89596f9b.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg.6776b50ca2f8d9997f2ea2f05466fd50.jpg

We were in 6450 in November. We did not have any problem with noise from the lounges...we didn't hear a thing.

On the other hand...there was in incredible amount of noise when pulling into ports. The room shook so much that I'm sure if there weren't little "guard rails" on the shelves in the bathroom, everything would have been on the floor. It shook so much that it woke us up...but it only lasted for a little while.

I thought you might enjoy some photos of your stateroom. We loved this stateroom because of the little "extras"...space, balcony size, you own little entryway...so those greatly outweighed the small inconvenience of the noise.

Thank you so much. I feel much better about our choice. We are early risers anyway so I am not too concerned about the docking noise. Thanks again.

Thank you so much. I feel much better about our choice. We are early risers anyway so I am not too concerned about the docking noise. Thanks again.

I'm sure you'll love this stateroom!!

I know this may sound silly...but this was the first time for me that I never got lost finding our stateroom. I am VERY good with directions on land, but for some reason when I get on a ship I lose it all because it all depends which elevator we ride up or down on and which way I turn when I get out of the elevator. With this stateroom, I never got lost because I knew which side I needed to be on and then I just needed to walk as far as I could go and there we were.

Also nice is the fact that you are very near the aft elevators which take you right up to the aft pool and the buffet area or one flight down to the Promenade area which is the hub of activity every evening...very convenient. :) :)

Are you guys flying down before the cruise?

Yes, we are arriving the day before. Both the hotel and airfare for June 4th was the same rate as just flying there on the day of the cruise. :cool: (obviously it isn't a luxury hotel.) ;)

Oh boy...I'm calling carnival to see if we can have our rooms changed to the other side. We're heading out on May 22nd and have room 6426. We're travelling with a 5 and 2 1/2 year old...

Thanks for your input!!

Let us know what they said!!! were you able to switch cabins, deck?

I definitively had really bad nights during our Carnival freedom cruise because we're not night owls, we are pretty much early risers.

But if there's no choice, then try taking ear plugs, 2 small fans, or a noise creating machine.

We took a very loud fan which only masked 1/3 of the noise.

I remember one time, the piano guy began singing "Don't stop believing", my grandpa covered his head with a pillow while I sat in bed and sang the whole song. We stated laughing in tears because it was 2:00 in the morning!

But definitively let us know what happens with your cabin choice.

Thanks for the pics! we are in the cabin on the opposite side of the ship. Also on the same sailing as Wingnt68 & SE. Looking forward to it since we've heard good things about the room. I'm excited to have a little longer balcony.

Kelly

We were mid ship, interior above the Atrium on the Freedom last April. Pretty much heard music until 1-3am. I asked the front desk for some ear plugs and they delivered them to my room, problem solved!

I was surprised at how much I could hear though.

Let us know what they said!!! were you able to switch cabins, deck?

I definitively had really bad nights during our Carnival freedom cruise because we're not night owls, we are pretty much early risers.

But if there's no choice, then try taking ear plugs, 2 small fans, or a noise creating machine.

We took a very loud fan which only masked 1/3 of the noise.

I remember one time, the piano guy began singing "Don't stop believing", my grandpa covered his head with a pillow while I sat in bed and sang the whole song. We stated laughing in tears because it was 2:00 in the morning!

But definitively let us know what happens with your cabin choice.

I called yesterday and they switched us to the other side of the floor no problem. The room category we're in (8A) is only on deck size at either end of the ship. So now we're over the Victorian Theatre. I figure that place won't be loud after 10 or 12am...fingers crossed!

I was on the Liberty(sister ship of Freedom) and had cabin 6440 which was an inside cabin which was very noisey at night..We heard the drummer playing and at times it sounded like he was in our cabin..

The best cabin for an inside cabin is a 1A on deck 6....cabin #6393....it was much larger than the normal 1A cabins...it has upper and lower beds on one side of the cabin directly behind the bathroom. Also a long hallway leading into the cabin, and when you open the door it does not hit the closets you can put a suitcase or stroller behind that door...

If ever I would take an inside cabin again I would choose that one...There is so much room between the bed area and the dresser..The layout is great....

Sorry that I don't have photo's of it maybe someone else does and can post it on this board.

I also had the 2432 (never go down that low again) very noisey deck.

Did love the wrap a round and extra large balcony next to it..We opened th partition and had a very very big balcony...LOVED that cabin

Marilyn

Glad you got your cabin switched! trust me, it's not fun when you are tired and can't go to sleep.:mad:

Yeah, I agree, the theater can't be that noisy, at least the latest you'd hear anything would be midnight compared to 3am.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived