Henna Tattoos and Hair Braiding

kwbound

I know that you can get massages on the beach. What about Henna tattoos? Are there people set up to do those at the beach area? Has anyone ever gotten one? What did you pay and how long did it last? What about hair braiding - is that available and how much?

Thanks for the information!

Thanks Traveler! The hair braiding would actually be for my niece. I think that style might look a little (lot!) ridiculous on me!:)

It's not the braids in that are a problem, the problem is removing them and watching 1/2 the braid hair come out in your hand.

I had one braid put on each side (hidden, face-lifting style) and absolutely thought they were terrific for 10 days. The 11th day - not happy with my big handful of hair.

Traveler - 1841 days - You're my hero.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this on another thread earlier

Just a heads up was at Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel my son got a "henna" tattoo... Do some research yourself before you get one and save you or your children some agony... My son is experiencing an allergic reaction to PPD a chemical additive they put in henna to make it black..

Be warned this could happen to you also, his tattoo is now raised and blistered and also very red, not black any longer... Extreme itchiness and generally uncomfortable, will most likely leave a scar in the pattern of the tattoo... He got the tattoo on April 3, 2010 he has an appt with allergist today because of his reaction...

Do your homework first: google "Black Henna" or "allergic reaction to black henna with PPD" you may change your mind... This will be a long time regret for me, wish I had the information beforehand so I could have made an informed decision about a "temporary tattoo" now my son has to suffer because of my ignorance that it couldn't hurt him...

I posted this on another thread earlier

Just a heads up was at Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel my son got a "henna" tattoo... Do some research yourself before you get one and save you or your children some agony... My son is experiencing an allergic reaction to PPD a chemical additive they put in henna to make it black..

Be warned this could happen to you also, his tattoo is now raised and blistered and also very red, not black any longer... Extreme itchiness and generally uncomfortable, will most likely leave a scar in the pattern of the tattoo... He got the tattoo on April 3, 2010 he has an appt with allergist today because of his reaction...

Do your homework first: google "Black Henna" or "allergic reaction to black henna with PPD" you may change your mind... This will be a long time regret for me, wish I had the information beforehand so I could have made an informed decision about a "temporary tattoo" now my son has to suffer because of my ignorance that it couldn't hurt him...

WOW! I'm sorry for you and your son. Hope he gets better soon.

Thank you for the "heads up"!

Ashley :)

• 3 months later...

We went to Progreso about 2 years ago and there was someone in the little market area doing the tattoos. My daughter got a really nice one for $20 I think. No reactions and it lasted around 2 weeks. Don't know if they will still be there now though.

Archived