HAL & Interline...

Heik

Did Holland America Stop Offering Interline Rates!?

:confused:

Hi! I work for a regional airline and receive weekly e-mails from a well known interline agency.

I noticed that the past few months that Holland America have fewer and fewer rates. The rates that they do offer are often on the longer cruises and not the shorter ones. When a HAL sailing is offered, it's often only inside cabins.

But I noticed that often by researching, you can find matching or lower rates than the interline at times.

Probably less than before, as bookings and rates in general have risen noticeably this year, compared to the last couple. As always, you can sometimes get the best rates if you are flexible enough to wait until the last couple of weeks before departure.

when I booked in Aug..now there is..for friends and fam..of course it came just after the 60 day penalty..as did CCL's..oh well. I still got the eqiv of $325 gifts and prizes, which includes a $75 OBC, and I got $200 off for early booking, 2soda cards, and 4 bot wine..so not to fuss over that

Interline discounts are segregated discounts to pax who are (or in some cases retired) employees of a domestic or international commercial passenger airline. Employees of other cruise lines, Amtrak, Federal Express, DHL, United Parcel Service (UPS), Astar Air Cargo, Worldspan, Sabre, Galileo/Apollo, Amadeus, and members of the Airline Pilots' Association (ALPA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN) and National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) may also be eligible.

To prove eligibility, you are required to submit / show your employee ID at time of booking and/or at the pier upon boarding.

Google "interline" and you will see a list of agencies.

Scott.

What are interline rates, and where do you find them?

Generally, it is for employees/retirees of airlines that are eligible for free non-revenue, space available travel on their own lines, and deeply reduced non revenue, space available travel on other airlines that have a reciprical agreement for same, hence the name "interline".

It is the best perk that airline employment provides, and is a useful recruiting tool for otherwise lower paying positions.

Archived