Tour, Beach, Snorkel

crisp1

I've read here that you can hire a cab for $25/hr for a 3 hour tour. We would like to tour the island and then stop at a beach for an hour or so. My wife doesn't snorkel but I do. Is ther a tour company that we can do this through. Is there a beach that has a sandy area and also has decent snorkeling.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'll answer my own question. The taxis are regulated so unless you hire someone before arriving you'll have to do it separately. When talking to a taxi driver- we approached one with a small pickup with a back seat thinking it would just the 2 of us, but had to wait until he could 'fill' his car. 4 was a bit tight. I asked again about a beach and snorkeling and he said he'd drop us off at a good beach and then pick us up later- for an additional fee. After the tour he dropped us off at Eden Beach- just about the worst snorkeling I've done in the entire Caribbean. We went out to the parking lot and talked to another driver who took us to 'Donkey Beach' at the end of the runway for the airport. The snorkeling was decent, but not 'outrageous' as expected. There are no facilities at Donkey Beach. The cab fare was $9 each way, and about a 10 minute ride from the port. Having done an island tour, next time I think we'll just head over to Klien.

BTW- we were told that ther are over 50,000 pink flamingoes on Bonaire- all in Lagoon Goto- we saw a dozen- the rest must have been hiding ;)

I have a video leaving Bonaire last year with a huge amount of Flamingos flying by the cruise ship with huge salt piles in the background,so next year when we r back there i want to go and see the Flamingos that out number the island population!:)

Archived