ok... WHERE are the lesbians!?!? TA Celebrity Equinox 4/19

mel-n-lauren

Ladies, this happens all the time, everywhere!... the guys are social, and get a huge gay scene going, and chat and connect and meet and have a good time .....and the gals have absolutely NO presence whatsoever.

Where are you???

We have a lovely and sprawling gay roll call going already on this board, there is a large group of us meeting up in the Martini bar on the first night of the cruise, around 7pm, and while we are very much looking forward to meeting all of the guys, my partner and I seem to be the only gay women in our (ever-growing) gay group!

Could it be? Why is it that the ladies are never present?? :)

Ladies, we need to represent! :D

On previous cruises we have made great connections and great friends through the FOD meetings, but always men. The ladies never show. And, while it is nice to connect with any other 'family' and we have always really enjoyed it, it would be nice if we could all socialize together with other women too... So.... are there any other (social) lesbians on this cruise?

Hoping you're out there! :)

my partner and i feel the same way although we did meet a nice lesbian couple two cruises ago at a fod meeting. we are sailing on the star princess on 4/10/10 i posted a roll call thread and it looks like we will be the ONLY ones on the whole ship!! no one has responded. i don't want to pay for an olivia cruise because they charge so much extra, but i was thinking about organizing an unoficial lesbian cruise perhaps ..

I'd love to go on a lesbian cruise but all of the others I hear are mostly men, and Olivia is soooooooo much more expensive than any other cruiseline.

I would be up of an unofficial lesbian cruise! Just let me know when to send in my money :D

We feel the same way. We're going on the Solstice on April 11th and our roll call board is full of guys...no women at all. I love the guys, but it would be nice to sail with a few other women too. We went on one Olivia cruise and LOVED it, but it is very cost restrictive. We can go on 2 vacations for what Olivia charges for one.

Kim and I are headed to Tahiti on the Paul Gauguin next September or October (itineraries that far out aren't listed yet). Anyone want to join us??? :)

I always post a thread when I cruise which is at least once or twice a year (living in South FL) but have yet to have any lesbians respond. I have met gay men who have responded as well as gay men at FOD meetings on the ship, and I always have a great time with the guys. I would love to meet other women though. I usually am travelling with my mom or (mostly straight) friend. I have taken an Olivia Cruise as well, and they are a lot more money, but the entertainment was excellent on the one I went on (Indigo Girls, Lily Tomlin, 2 other well-known lesbian comedians, LOGO onboard with preview of upcoming lesbian shows).

I think that the guys often respond more b/c they travel solo more often, and when they do travel in couples will reach out to meet other guys to socialize with. Women that I have run across just tend to travel in couples and most of those coupls tend to stay to themselves.

The couples on this site are exceptions.

I definitely would be up for an unofficial lesbian cruise.

i really think we should try to organize a unofficial cruise critics lesbian cruise. i always hear the complaints of how pricey olivia is so we have never taken one. we would however really enjoy cruising with a large group of lesbians. if anything we might get an even better price if we booked enough cabins.

Yes, Jan '07, was the one. I do a trip every January with my best friend- either a cruise or to an all-inclusive resort. That was my one and only Olivia cruise. I would like to try one of their all-inclusives, but the more expensive cost is a factor (compared to going to an all-inclusive during a non-Olivia week).

The cruises are so easy, too, living here in S.FL., b/c I don't have to worry about airfare.

What did you think about the Olivia cruise?- other than the cost being a factor.

Within the cruise industry itself, I see that they are making the cruise ships and entertainment on them more of a focus I think so many people have been on cruises that they have do do something to keep bringing customers back. You can only see the same Caribbean ports so many times before you are over them- they all start to look the same.:(

With the cruise ships providing interesting and exciting entertainment, restaurants, and onboard activities, Olivia isn't really needed as to provide as much. They could scale back and not charge so much- which is probably why they now have competition with Sweet. Or lesbians could try to be more organized themselves and like the other cruiser suggested plan our own cruise.;)

Perhaps because I wore a dash of rainbow colour one evening aboard our cruise that one day when on an elevator a gal next to me murmured "Dorothy?". I said, I'm sorry, what was that? She replied never mind, I was going to ask you something. Was it about the FOD gathering that evening posted in the Patter, I asked? Yes, she replied adding that she and her friends wanted to know if girls were allowed to attend. The crowded elevator was dead silent with interest. I said yes and told them we would be looking forward to their arrival. Even though they specifically knew they were welcomed, they never did arrive. We rarely see the women come forward to the FOD.

Perhaps because I wore a dash of rainbow colour one evening aboard our cruise that one day when on an elevator a gal next to me murmured "Dorothy?". I said, I'm sorry, what was that? She replied never mind, I was going to ask you something. Was it about the FOD gathering that evening posted in the Patter, I asked? Yes, she replied adding that she and her friends wanted to know if girls were allowed to attend. The crowded elevator was dead silent with interest. I said yes and told them we would be looking forward to their arrival. Even though they specifically knew they were welcomed, they never did arrive. We rarely see the women come forward to the FOD.

thats a shame they still did not show. our last cruise we met the nicest girl couple that we hung out with the rest of the cruise and we still keep in touch. i think if they called the meeting LGBT meetings more would come

What did you think about the Olivia cruise?- other than the cost being a factor.

Within the cruise industry itself, I see that they are making the cruise ships and entertainment on them more of a focus I think so many people have been on cruises that they have do do something to keep bringing customers back. You can only see the same Caribbean ports so many times before you are over them- they all start to look the same.:(

With the cruise ships providing interesting and exciting entertainment, restaurants, and onboard activities, Olivia isn't really needed as to provide as much. They could scale back and not charge so much-

My partner and I have been on two Olivia cruises, both in the '90s (Caribbean and Alaska). While we enjoyed them, the "lesbian premium" you have to pay now for an Olivia cruise in our opinion is just so absurdly high it's not worth it. More important, our culture has changed SO much that we feel totally comfortable as an out lesbian couple on a "mainstream" cruise and indeed have been on two (both NCL) in the past two years and had a great time on each. We don't need lesbian singers or comics to have a good time on a cruise, either. I love Bdway show tunes and can be perfectly happy with your typical ship's production singers and dancers and other entertainment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mel n Lauren...I saw this thread before but I thought it was about a specific cruise. Anita (my partner) & I had been discussing this very thing so she told me to take a closer look at this thread and "voila"! :p:p

You ladies are all correct...we need to get together for an "unofficial" cruise for us! Like other posters have mentioned, whenever there is "family" on the various ships, they are mostly guys! :confused: We have met a few female couples on board but VERY FEW! Why can't we get together and have a good time like the guys do? I know we are just as much fun (or even more)! :cool: LOL!

I started a thread here called "I have a DREAM (pun intended)". Check it out ladies and let me know what you all think. It is speaking of the Carnival Dream in 2011 but if anyone has other ideas and everyone agrees, we can always go with another ship/cruiseline since we don't have anything booked yet.

It is my goal to go on a cruise (that doesn't cost a fortune) and hang out (at least sometimes) with females of like interests. If 2011 is too soon (we know people make plans way in advance), then maybe we can shoot for 2012.

So, let's put our heads together, get some ideas out there and see what happens! Imagine how much fun it would be!

Talk soon ladies,

Angel :)

Mel and Lauren,

It's Darren here (from the other thread).

You'll be happy to know that we know two ladies who are also going to be our crossing. Sharon and Inez were on a TA last year (where we met) and they are going to be on this sailing.

So, we'll make sure they come to the Martini bar after sail-away.

I agree with you all about the outlandish cost of Oliva etc. Great idea to plan your own!

• 2 months later...

WHEW!!

been a while! Looong vacation and finally getting settled in our new place. Anyone interested in a cruise from california?!

well, i'm so happy to see that this posting actually got a few responses. We would LOVE to get an unofficial lesbian group going on a cruise!

Our most recent celebrity adventure proved to be just like any other cruise we'd been on: NO GALS showing up! there was one older couple, who wanted "privacy" and tried to have our fun FOD meetings changed to a VERY private corporate conference room on the top deck! I just don't get it.

Anyway, the Equinox Trans-Atlantic was amazing, best cruise i've ever been on, the ship was absolutely phenomenal, had FOD meetings scheduled EVERY night, and we met a whole bunch of REALLY great guys again, and hung out for the whole two weeks.

Ladies, we can do it! :)

Archived