Help!!! Bio bay from 5pm-midnight???

stefanny28

Hi;

we will be in SJ on carnival Freedom from 5:00pm-12:00am.

we will like to do the bio bay excursion on a boat, not the kayak since we have a young daughter.

Does anyone know if Bio Island electric boat tour will fit with the ship time??? Where does the tour start from? How far is it from San Juan???

Is there any other tour of the bio bay? It does not have to be a boat tour, it can be a walking tour, it's be fine.

Thanks

I think your best bet would be to contact them for information and see if they provide transportation, and what the time constraints are. We recently stayed in Luquillo, and I didn't truly believe that we were an hour from San Juan...the distance is so short! But the roads aren't great and what with traffic, it did indeed take longer than I expected. I would say you might have time for the 8:00 pm tour, which would give you about 2 hours to get back to the ship. I would definitely want someone else doing the driving, though, so as to not have to mess with rental car return and possibly getting lost. http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/bio-island/

Best bet, probably a ship excursion if they offer it. And if they don't offer it, maybe that means there isn't time to get back.

Returned to the dock in Fajardo's Puerto Del Rey marina at 10:20pm. Tough to drive back to the ship in time I would think. Perhaps you could do the Fajardo BioBay (I think there is an electric boat tour now) and then you should be done by 9:00 pm since you wont have the boat ride back from Vieques? VERY COOL experience, swimming in the glow!

Thanks guys for all the info.

Maybe this is a stupid questions, but I am a little bit confused here. If I understand Well, there are 3 bio bays in PR, right?

Which one is the closest to San Juan and which one offers the electric boat tour?

Is there a PR map that shows where the bays are?

Thanks again for all the help.

Returned to the dock in Fajardo's Puerto Del Rey marina at 10:20pm. Tough to drive back to the ship in time I would think. Perhaps you could do the Fajardo BioBay (I think there is an electric boat tour now) and then you should be done by 9:00 pm since you wont have the boat ride back from Vieques? VERY COOL experience, swimming in the glow!

I'm jealous...we tried this last week, and the water was too rough for docking at Vieques...all we got was a free boat ride!

The OP is looking at Fajardo.

When we were there we went with the ships excursion because I couldn't find an easy way to get there on our own. We usually book all our excursions on our own. This was one time I was glad we went with the ship. On the way there we came across a terrible accident. It held up traffic for over an hour. Though we made the excursion, it was shortened, I would have been worried about being on my own not knowing the area and all. It is a great excursion. I am surprised they are doing the electric boats. When we were there they were trying to get rid of them. And some people mentioned they are still letting you swim. That would be fun, they told us it was no longer allowed. It is a wonderful excursion, the kayaking is great and very easy to do. Unless you have real little kids I would recommend taking the kayak.

Archived