Feast at Lele

sayvan

I have been there twice and it is absolutely fantastic. Not like your "normal" luau. You have your own private table and are served by waiters. It's course by course by the islands depicted. I can't remember what time but I want to say 5:30 or 6P. It's before sunset. All the tables face Lanai and you'll see the sunset. It's more expensive than Old Lahaina Luau but, IMHO, well worth it. You will have a great time!!!

I have been there twice and it is absolutely fantastic. Not like your "normal" luau. You have your own private table and are served by waiters. It's course by course by the islands depicted. I can't remember what time but I want to say 5:30 or 6P. It's before sunset. All the tables face Lanai and you'll see the sunset. It's more expensive than Old Lahaina Luau but, IMHO, well worth it. You will have a great time!!!

So if my ship is docked at kahului and were renting a car for the day to do the road to Hana do you think, time wise, we could do both the same day? just trying to figure out the logistics... time to spend on the road.. get back to port, change and head off to the feast

Sayvan -- I think you would have a pretty exhausting day! In another posting someone said they did the RTH and then on to Lahaina for the Old Lahaina Luau so it can be done. But they didn't mention going back to ship to change. Depending on the traffic, it could take 60 minutes from Kahalui to Lahaina.

The nice thing about doing the RTH is stopping at waterfalls and maybe having a swim and stopping at roadstand stands to buy some fresh fruit and just enjoying the view. I go to Maui to relax but I take a lot of cruises too and understand the idea of getting as much in as you can. I personally feel there's just too much to do on Maui!! But, hey, you can always come back for a stay.

Whatever you do will be wonderful!

• 1 month later...

We did the RTH 2 years ago - it was one of my favorite vacation days ever. That said, we are doing the Feast at Lele this time and have opted not to do RTH again. It would be very difficult to drive there and back, find a parking space at the port, have time to change, get back in the car and get there by 6:00, which is when they told us to be there.

I don't want to discourage you from the RTH - it was incredible. Just sounds risky, time-wise. We are spending that day at the Ocean Center, in Lahaina, dressed to go to dinner, so we don't have to change...

Archived