How to get to Butterfly world from Hyatt Place North?

red4u2

Hi there all,

we are planning on coming in for our Nov cruise a couple days early and in addition to the water taxis all over we would like to go to the Butterfly world, does any one have any ideas on a economical way to get there from this hotel??

thank you!!

• 3 months later...
Hi there all,

we are planning on coming in for our Nov cruise a couple days early and in addition to the water taxis all over we would like to go to the Butterfly world, does any one have any ideas on a economical way to get there from this hotel??

thank you!!

i thought that i would bump this thread-- any one have any ideas? city bus or trolley?

thanks!

Broward County Transit is available, but it's going to take a while.

Take the 1 at US 1 and 19th St (about a 7 minute walk from your hotel) to Broward Central Terminal. Then take the 14 North (along Powerline). This is a particularly charmless stretch of road. At Sample Rd, transfer to the 34 West, and ask to be let off at Sample and Tradewinds Park, you'll see the sign for Butterfly World on your left. It's a decent walk into the park from there.

Sample Blvd is an enormous, wide street with an average speed of 55 miles per hour. There's no tree cover, so any walking you'll do is totally exposed to the sun.

You might want to rent a car for the day, then it's easy. Take US1 to Sample Rd, turn left and then when you get to Tradewinds Park-Butterfly World at 3300 W Sample Rd, turn left into the park.

I went to a wedding here in May and it was so hot the best man passed out.

Here's the Broward County Transit site. I've seen friendlier sites, for sure.

Expect to hit about 70 stops on the three busses each way. So plan about 2 hours for bus riding.

http://www.broward.org/bct/Pages/Default.aspx

Broward County Transit is available, but it's going to take a while.

Take the 1 at US 1 and 19th St (about a 7 minute walk from your hotel) to Broward Central Terminal. Then take the 14 North (along Powerline). This is a particularly charmless stretch of road. At Sample Rd, transfer to the 34 West, and ask to be let off at Sample and Tradewinds Park, you'll see the sign for Butterfly World on your left. It's a decent walk into the park from there.

Sample Blvd is an enormous, wide street with an average speed of 55 miles per hour. There's no tree cover, so any walking you'll do is totally exposed to the sun.

You might want to rent a car for the day, then it's easy. Take US1 to Sample Rd, turn left and then when you get to Tradewinds Park-Butterfly World at 3300 W Sample Rd, turn left into the park.

I went to a wedding here in May and it was so hot the best man passed out.

Here's the Broward County Transit site. I've seen friendlier sites, for sure.

Expect to hit about 70 stops on the three busses each way. So plan about 2 hours for bus riding.

http://www.broward.org/bct/Pages/Default.aspx

WOW !! thank you so much Ruthlessbunny for doing all that research for me and for taking the time to post all that info!! much harder to get there then i could have imagined!!

i think we will wait and see the Butterfly world on St Marteen instead, and enjoy a day of water taxi rides and the Fll beaches!! thanks again!!

Archived