Port Arrival ???'s

Ok, tomorrow we leave for San Juan in what will be our first cruise ever!

I have four luggage tags from Royal Carribean that the TA gave us. I have four bags. Both myself and my wife have a small suitcase each and a carry-on each. When do I put on the luggage tags? Do I have to put them on the carry on bags that we will carry on with us? I am assuming that we put our luggage tags on at the very last moment before it goes on the ship and I am also assuming the tags don't go on the carry on's. Is this correct?

Also, once I walk onto the ship. What do we do with the carry-on's? Can we go right to the room?

We will be sailing on the Serenade of the Seas.

Thanks!

You're correct, your luggage tags don't go on your carryons. We will be putting our tags on our checked baggage right before we go to the port. That way we can give it to them as soon as we get there and not have to worry about fumbling around for the tags.

As far as getting to your room- most likely, it will not be ready. I've heard that they can be ready anywhere from 1pm to 3pm. So you can try, if they say no, head to the winjammer for lunch get a drink and you should be set soon after.

Are you doing cruise line transfers from the airport to the ship? If not, I would hold off on putting the luggage tags on until after you claim them at the airport. I've heard of over zealous employees seeing the cruise tags and putting them with those who are doing transfers. Doesn't happen a lot, but why worry about it.

Unfortunately if you get to the ship before the rooms are ready, whatever you carry on with you stays with you. The rooms are usually ready sometime after 1 PM. Just a reminder carry on anything you feel you may need that first day. Sometimes it takes a while for the bags to show up at your cabin. Always carry on such things as electronics and prescription meds.

Most of all, relax and enjoy your trip!

Archived