Port schedules

I've taken ages to find this - I've used it before for research but had difficulty locating it again. Having found it at last I thought it might be worth starting a thread as it may be of interest to other members on here.

You can find out which and how many other ships are likely to be in port on days you're visiting. I've not found it to be totally reliable or comprehensive in the past but at least Thomson ships are now recorded on there - which they didn't used to be! I've already found one inconsistency - it claims Spirit is in Corfu for three consecutive days (I hope not!!) either side of the Friday turn-round day, also same issue with Celebration in Marmaris - but it can be useful in getting an idea of how busy a port is likely to be and the implications for tendering/pressure on taxis/public transport/cable car at Santorini etc., etc. and may help with planning.

You go to the country, select the port and date (month/year) and it will bring up a list with all the ships which are supposed to be in port that day - plus pay-load so you can see how many passengers are in port too.

http://cruisett.com/ports.php

Sorry if this looks a bit sad :o but it can be interesting! Honest! :D

Archived