Laundered but not dried

Have a silly question. I never dry my pants/jeans and shirts after washing. We are on a 12 night cruise so I will need to do laundry. Do you think it would be possible to have my clothes laundered but brought back damp to air dry?

I doubt it. I understand exactly what you're asking as there are many items in my family's laundry that do not go in the dryer. I just would NEVER consider sending these to the ship's laundry.

Depending on what type of shirt / pants they are, I guess you could have them dry-cleaned ??

If you prefer them to be line-dried, I would pack a small container of liquid detergent (or visit Target's sample section for some...) and wash them in the shower or sink (unless you have a bathtub) and hang them up to dry using pants hanger or the clothesline. They might take a few days - especially with jeans - but if you're not in a hurry for them, it might be your best bet. (Cheaper too!)

13 days at sea and another four on land, I was trying to figure out a way to clean our clothes without shrinking or ruining them:eek:. I dry very little in the dryer. I would be curious to know to those people who have used the laundry if you send everything in one bag that they mix all the colors together or you have to send them in separate batches, etc. In this day of paying for every piece of luggage, it almost seems smarter to take all your old clothes and toss as you go along.

Kathryn

Have a silly question. I never dry my pants/jeans and shirts after washing. We are on a 12 night cruise so I will need to do laundry. Do you think it would be possible to have my clothes laundered but brought back damp to air dry?

I understand completely. About the only clothes I put in the dryer are the ones I wear around the house. I actually had the same question (but never asked it). My concern was that I wash in cold water and would be afraid the ship wouldn't. So, as been suggested, just hand wash and then send out for pressing.

Archived