We are serious SODA drinkers! Help

MIAMIMEDIA

My husband and kids drink ALOT of diet coke. Most cruise lines lose money when we buy their soda package. BUT usually at breakfast and lunch (in the buffet/dining area) getting a soda has been difficult in the past with other cruise lines. On RCCL they usually have to go outside the buffet/dining area to the pool bar to get a soda. When you get 4 or 5 sodas per meal it gets to be a real pain. Since this is our first time on Celebrity I am wondering to expect. Are there waiters (they exsisted many many years ago) that can go get you a soda or do they have to leave the buffet/dining area to find a bar to get a soda?

One more thing...

I am not a soda drinker.:eek:

What beverages are included at no charge?

Coffee, water, tea, and... Lemonade? Fruit Punch? Milk/Chocolate Milk? Espresso?

I can't answer the soda question but I can say regular coffee and assorted juices are available for free 24/7 at the buffet on the Solstice. Juices vary but usually include lemonade fruit punch and Passionfruit/Orange/Guava mix, as we as iced tea and OJ/apple juice for breakfast. Milk is usually also available at breakfast and ?lunch at the buffets.

My sister drinks soda for breakfast, and on Solstice there is a bar that's open for breakfast that serves smoothies and juices, and she was able to get her soda there, using her soda card, with no problem. They don't have this on the M Class ships, but she didn't have a problem getting a soda at breakfast from one of the waiters.

FYI, Celebrity allows you to bring soda on board. DW and I purchase four 12-packs before boarding, put it in our luggage, have the room steward empty out the refrigerator (we can get in about half the cans, and reload halfway through). We're not smuggling it, it's for convenience. The room in the luggage will be occupied by souveniers when we debark. Some people put a luggage tag on their case of soda or bottled water when boarding. It's not as convenient as having soda available from a waiter, but you can take a couple of cans along when you head for breakfast.

Maam,

Soda especially fountain sodas are very profitable for any/all cruise lines .

The cost basis per fill is about two cents.

Bar Waiters will galdly bring drinks,sodas or any beverages ..as yes they are tipped already in the cost of soda cards too.

HINT: Wait till you leave Port to buy Beverage Cards as they do TAX us in some Ports even the Included gratuity is TAXED... :eek:

But once on open water they don't..:cool:

My husband and kids drink ALOT of diet coke. Most cruise lines lose money when we buy their soda package. BUT usually at breakfast and lunch (in the buffet/dining area) getting a soda has been difficult in the past with other cruise lines. On RCCL they usually have to go outside the buffet/dining area to the pool bar to get a soda. When you get 4 or 5 sodas per meal it gets to be a real pain. Since this is our first time on Celebrity I am wondering to expect. Are there waiters (they exsisted many many years ago) that can go get you a soda or do they have to leave the buffet/dining area to find a bar to get a soda?

One more thing...

I am not a soda drinker.:eek:

What beverages are included at no charge?

Coffee, water, tea, and... Lemonade? Fruit Punch? Milk/Chocolate Milk? Espresso?

Archived