2 World Cruises meeting

DAllenTCY

The Holland America "Amsterdam" is sailing from around the world in an easterly direction having left Long Beach. It will return on April 29th. The Regent Seven Seas Voyager left on it's own World Cruise from San Diego going west. The two ships are both passing in Bangkok, Thailand today.

David

The Holland America "Amsterdam" is sailing from around the world in an easterly direction having left Long Beach. It will return on April 29th. The Regent Seven Seas Voyager left on it's own World Cruise from San Diego going west. The two ships are both passing in Bangkok, Thailand today.

David

in 2007 the Amsterdam on its World Cruise met the Prinsendam in the Mediterranean in Dubrovnik. We were all given a Delftware plate to commerate it. Stein Kruse was there too. I have our plate hanging in the dining room on the wall!......

Anne

We collect the plates and absolutely love them. We have a number commemorative Inaugural Plates from about 9 or so ships. I display them on a long counter in our family room and look at them often.

The irony is of the ones I am missing, one is "MY" Maasdam and we were actually at the Inaugural party in Boston when she came from Fincantieri. I can't imagine how I missed getting that plate. :(

Hi Anne....

I only have one plate (so far).....and haven't quite figured out what to do with it!

Karen

PS....I happen to know you have one just like it!

Hi, Karen - Yes - You're right! ;)......I love hanging lots of things on the walls of our home- Family picture groups [ down the hall plus a group with the Red Hat Poem "When I am old" of our parents/Grandparents in the back bedroom {12 pictures various sizes} plus the mantle over the fire place is crowded/family....and group pictures from cruises on a corner using both walls] The plate hangs on a plate-hanger for safety [ a metal/elastic hanger] next to the break-front/china cabinette in the dining room.

In other areas I have mid-sized paintings or prints from favorite places; Cornwall, UK, Venice, IT, plus more ......the thing I love about ALL of them is that NOBODY else has them and they generate lots of conversation.

My HAL tiles form a border ABOVE my small kitchen window over the sink. Its on the north [ less light] so I never wanted a curtain, but I did want a spot of color up there high. I SMILE broadly as I do the dishes! placed up there with doublesided padded tape "stick-ems" squares. [ plus I have a DRAWER full of the ones I didn't use!]

Groupings are fun; you start with a theme and expand from there -usually 5 -6 up to a dozen; placed at eye-level or a bit higher.

Pictures of ME go in the BASEMENT!

Anne

Anne,

I remember that day well, what a special one. Remember the great wandering entertainers on the Lido? The folks with the wonderful costumes that made them look like short, elderly folks out hiking? I loved talking with them and they carried out their parts beautifully! I do believe that was the first year that they intentionally had two ships meet with the top brass flying in for the occasion. HAL certainly put out much money for the booze and food that afternoon!

Wander- I surely do; I remember meeting up with one of the waiters from the Prinsendam who had been on the Amsterdam and remembered us - I turned to get Dick over to see him, and he'd disappeared! I just remember how nervous all the waiters were because the "big Boss" was there! It was a fun time! ;)

Archived