Private guide/driver in Cozumel

chrisuletz

Hi, we're looking for a private guide for a day, for 4 people. Would be our first time in Cozumel, not sure about what to see, so we prefer someone who knows the area very well. I saw many recommendations for Gerry, but he hasn't responded to any emails. So who else would you recommend?

Hi, we're looking for a private guide for a day, for 4 people. Would be our first time in Cozumel, not sure about what to see, so we prefer someone who knows the area very well. I saw many recommendations for Gerry, but he hasn't responded to any emails. So who else would you recommend?
Whichever driver gives you the best rate for the day. They all know the island.

Check your email's spam folder to see if mike's reply might have gone there. Usually happens if you have firewalls and high spam settings on email. Otherwise, follow Mr CO 9's suggestion. Find a driver who can speak reasonable english and understand s what you want to do. Don't be afraid to ask several and spend a few minutes to select the right driver.

I saw many recommendations for Gerry, but he hasn't responded to any emails.

We also haven't heard back yet from Mike/Gerry although it's only been 4 days. (And yes, I've checked my email junk folder. ;))

OP - Have you heard from Mike yet since posting?

Or does anyone have an idea of how long it takes on the average to hear back?

I'm willing to wait as long as I know that a response will eventually be coming! :)

We did a private Island tour in October 2008 with Susan Beech. She was great and we thought the price was reasonable. We saw the East side of the island, stopped for photos, took the tequilla factory tour (that was something we wanted to do) and then shopped and ate in the downtown area at a wonderful place we would have never found on our own. She will customize the tour to whatever you want. You can reach her at www.cozumeltours.com

Nancy

Tell her Nancy and Trey from Georgia sent you. :)

We did a private Island tour in October 2008 with Susan Beech. She was great and we thought the price was reasonable. We saw the East side of the island, stopped for photos, took the tequilla factory tour (that was something we wanted to do) and then shopped and ate in the downtown area at a wonderful place we would have never found on our own. She will customize the tour to whatever you want. You can reach her at www.cozumeltours.com

Nancy

Tell her Nancy and Trey from Georgia sent you. :)

Hi, Nancy. How much did it cost you for the island tour?

Sinjin- It was around $150 for the two of us. It was around 5 hours long. It was well worth it- we got to drink and they drove :D, we had an excellent English speaking guide (Susan is from Canada), and we got to see all of the island at our own pace, not predetermined by others. We had wanted to rent a jeep, but then read about all of these horror stories about accidents and some shady cops. Plus we wouldn't be able to enjoy a few margaritas!

The website probably had info with the latest prices- we did the private island tour. They customize it to whatever you want to do.

Hope this helps.

Nancy

Sinjin- It was around $150 for the two of us. It was around 5 hours long. It was well worth it- we got to drink and they drove :D, we had an excellent English speaking guide (Susan is from Canada), and we got to see all of the island at our own pace, not predetermined by others. We had wanted to rent a jeep, but then read about all of these horror stories about accidents and some shady cops. Plus we wouldn't be able to enjoy a few margaritas!

The website probably had info with the latest prices- we did the private island tour. They customize it to whatever you want to do.

Hope this helps.

Nancy

Thanks for response. I e-mailed her earlier and asked for a rate for 4 adults and 4 children. She responded with a rate of $475. The last time I was in Cozumel, we hired a van/taxi for the whole afternoon for $50. I think we'll follow the earlier poster's advice and find a driver once we get off the ship. Thanks for your help, though.

We are just back off the Celebrity Equinox and had Gerry as our driver for our group of 4 on March 17. The day we docked in Cozumel, it was very cool, windy and raining, and so we had to re-evaluate our plans for the day. Gerry was great about making some suggestions for alternate itineraries, and we were fine with his advice (we'd been to Cozumel a half-dozen times before), so off we went. We had a great day, and I would recommend Gerry without hesitation.

Has anyone done a private tour with "Island Marketing"? We were looking at the jeep tours, but it looks like they are stick shifts, and we've never driven sticks. If you have done a private tour with them, where did they take you?

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Just received this about renting a driver for the day! I got the e-mail address from a post I read about" Gerry" They answered almost right away! Just thought if might help others! Not sure if we are going to use them yet!????

Hola Jill:

The station wagon seats 4 average-sized adult passengers, and comes equipped with ice cold A/C, CD player and a cooler, if you choose to buy beverages and ice during your tour.

A tour costs $95 dlls. for the first 3 hours and $25 dlls., per each additional hour. Charge is per vehicle, not per person, and there is a 3 hour minimun charge for all tours.

If you want to make the reservation please fill up the online reservation format at the bottom of this link, once we received it I e-mail you an advance $50.00 deposit invoice and then will e-mail you a confirmation receipt

http://www.toursplaza.com/categorias/info/hiring_a_driver

Regards

Eduardo

Archived