Thanksgiving on NCL

nemesis

We were on the Star when it was on the Hawaii run over Thanksgiving two years ago. It was the formal night. We decided to book a specialty restaurant instead (to avoid crowds) - and were told there would be turkey carved at the table. We had been misinformed - no turkey, just their standard menu. We told the maitre'd that we really wanted turkey and were prepared to go elsewhere (not in a huff or anything, we just wanted turkey!) The restaurant, very nicely, arranged to bring us turkey & trimmings from the French restaurant next door.

So...is it celebrated? Yes. It's not a huge deal however. If you want the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (and are not eating in one of the main dining rooms) be sure you ask about the menu.

haven't done NCL but we did Celebrity a couple of years ago; they did serve Turkey, but some of the fixins weren't quite what you may serve at home and in our case it was not a formal night. Acutally it really wasn't much different than any other night on a cruise ship. NMNita

Thanks for the responses.....our whole family is going on this trip (grandparents, aunts, cousins) and we didn't know what to expect....one of the reasons we picked this week was so we could take a break from having to cook!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I cruised the Spirit this past Thanksgiving. We had no idea what to expect either. It was just a typical day at port; the crew put out a bunch of Thanksgiving decorations in Raffles. We had dinner at Windows - they served turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing. It was nothing like what we eat at home but I enjoyed it. There were several other choices if you didn't want turkey.

It was not formal night, however, alot of people dressed up for dinner. They had a piano player in the dining room - it was a nice night.

I loved cruising over Thanksgiving. Normally this day is alot of work for me, so I enjoyed being able to relax and enjoy.

Have fun.

Archived