Inside cabin: island princess what deck

knitterbetty

I'm booking Island princess Alaska either june 7 or 21. Notice inside cabin has choices of what deck I would like an inside cabin. I don't have a clue, any ideas? first time cruiser here . thanks!

Emerald deck

Dolphin deck

Caribe deck

Baja deck

cabins in the 600-700 range, close to the aft doors to the outside viewing area.

The Coral/Island are sister ships.

photo-e.jpg

We were midships inside cabin on Caribe, but that was for our Hawaiian cruise, because it is a rough seas cruise. Not an issue on most Alaskan cruises (we were far forward on the Sapphire on our Alaskan cruise and the sea motion wasn't an issue for me).

Personally, on our last two cruises, we selected a cabin and then had our booking marked "no upgrade." We just didn't want to take the chance of getting another cabin in an undesirable location, even if it was in a higher category.

If you want to take the chance on upgrades, tell your TA that you are not to be moved until you give the okay (which means having a copy of the deck plan handy so you can see what's above, below and around a proposed cabin).

thanks for info. Notice have option to guarantee cabin. Is this a good idea?

A guarantee means they may book you in any cabin in that category.

If you want a specific cabin then it is better to choose the one you may want as opposed to taking an assiged cabin with no choice.

Archived