Golf & Private Daysail Question....

pltag

Hello.... we are staying at the Barcelo Maya - Palace at Riviera Maya the first week of May with a group of 8.

Daysail - We would love to rent a sailboat for a private (probably 1/2 day charter). More interested in food & drink :D, than snorkling. Any thoughts ?? How far is Cancun from the Riv. Maya strip? is there something closer.... Cozumel, maybe ?

Golf - Not too worried about cost. Is there a nice course in this area that we should try ??

I posted these questions on Trip Advisor.... didn't get any help. Hoping the CC'rs will come through.

Thanks!! :)

Hello.... we are staying at the Barcelo Maya - Palace at Riviera Maya the first week of May with a group of 8.

Daysail - We would love to rent a sailboat for a private (probably 1/2 day charter). More interested in food & drink :D, than snorkling. Any thoughts ?? How far is Cancun from the Riv. Maya strip? is there something closer.... Cozumel, maybe ?

Golf - Not too worried about cost. Is there a nice course in this area that we should try ??

I posted these questions on Trip Advisor.... didn't get any help. Hoping the CC'rs will come through.

Thanks!! :)

I'm not as familiar with the towns along the Riviera Maya as I am Cancun, but figured I'd pass along what little info I know.

From your hotel, you'll be about an hour and 15 minutes drive into Cancun, or a little longer depending on how backed up the check points get. Playa del Carmen would be closer to where you are staying for nightlife (15-20 minutes). Cozumel, a short ferry ride away ... which would probably be a nice day trip diversion.

For Golf, I've not played these courses ... yet, but one we are hoping to get to soon is Mayakoba. Tee Times Mexico has a map of the area courses and a bit about each course. Click on the Cancun link on the website to see them all. The Country Club on Cozumel I hear is also a nice course ... another one we hope to check out this summer. You might also want to check out your resort info to see if they offer any packages. The area is trying to shape itself into a Golf Vacation Destination.

For courses in Cancun, I'd say avoid cancun Golf Club (aka pok-ta-pok), the Hilton is usually solid, and Playa Mujeres too. We've not been to Moon Palace, but hear good things about that course as well.

Unfortunately, no clue on the day sail.

Not sure which RM sub forums you used on trip advisor, but the Playa del Carmen and Cozumel forums are usually fairly active (PDC more than Cozumel but the Coz destination experts are great). Those forums pay be of help to you in your activity planning. Pto Juarez, unfortunately, not so much.

Hope this gives you a start.

Archived