Picture of Balcony "Diamond" Cabin (sofabed & pullman)?

Thanks Dotsie! Oh, that's kind of weird...I thought it would be pulling down from the ceiling. Isn't that the way they used to do it?

We originally booked a cabin like this because we were going to have four people going, including our two teenage boys & thought they'd want separate beds. But now it's most likely going to be just two of us going. That big thing hanging above the couch is kind of ugly. Oh well, it won't effect our cruising fun! :p

Wait....now that I go back & look at the picture more closely, I think I see a recess in the ceiling. So does it actually tuck up into the ceiling?

After posting this I clicked on the picture and looked at the other pictures in your webshots album. Thanks for taking some great pictures of the inside of that cabin! Good details about things like the plugs under the vanity, etc. After seeing the other pictures I noticed that the bed does in fact tuck up into the ceiling if not being used. LOL, I thought that thing was just hanging there all the time. Thanks again for posting the pictures & the link to your album!

Thanks Dotsie! Oh, that's kind of weird...I thought it would be pulling down from the ceiling. Isn't that the way they used to do it?

We originally booked a cabin like this because we were going to have four people going, including our two teenage boys & thought they'd want separate beds. But now it's most likely going to be just two of us going. That big thing hanging above the couch is kind of ugly. Oh well, it won't effect our cruising fun! :p

Wait....now that I go back & look at the picture more closely, I think I see a recess in the ceiling. So does it actually tuck up into the ceiling?

You are right when you arrive it is tucked neatly in to the ceiling if it is in use it will be stowed against the wall

Oh, that's kind of weird...I thought it would be pulling down from the ceiling. Isn't that the way they used to do it?

That big thing hanging above the couch is kind of ugly......Wait....now that I go back & look at the picture more closely, I think I see a recess in the ceiling. So does it actually tuck up into the ceiling?

After posting this I clicked on the picture and looked at the other pictures in your webshots album. Thanks for taking some great pictures of the inside of that cabin! Good details about things like the plugs under the vanity, etc. After seeing the other pictures I noticed that the bed does in fact tuck up into the ceiling if not being used. LOL, I thought that thing was just hanging there all the time. Thanks again for posting the pictures & the link to your album!

Yes, it is usually neatly tucked in the ceiling when not in use.

My son is 18 and I always look for the upper pullman bed instead of the pull out couch because he sleeps later than us and it's hard to navigate the cabin or use the balcony with a couch taking up most of the floor space.

Dotsie

Was that a cabin for 4 or 5? It looks like the sofabed is for 2. I booked a room for 4 with diamond, and had been wondering if the sofabed in this configuration was a double or single.

It was a quad cabin. Here is a better picture of the sofa. I am sure you would only fit one person on this couch when it is flat. The back cushion is pulled down flat and is added to the seating cushion to make it into a bed.

2680812840096597382S600x600Q85.jpg

Dotsie

It was a quad cabin. Here is a better picture of the sofa. I am sure you would only fit one person on this couch when it is flat. The back cushion is pulled down flat and is added to the seating cushion to make it into a bed.

2680812840096597382S600x600Q85.jpg

Dotsie

Thanks so much for the reply and the picture. So even though the couch is a double sofa sleeper, it can only fit one comfortably?

Thanks so much for the reply and the picture. So even though the couch is a double sofa sleeper, it can only fit one comfortably?

Since we never used the couch as a bed I don't know the answer to that question, sorry.

I think that 2 children would be able to fit comfortably on the couch.

If it is considered a double sofa sleeper, would that make the room capacity 5instead of 4?

Dotsie

I think that 2 children would be able to fit comfortably on the couch.

We had the double sofa in our D1 cabin and though did not actually use it, we did check it out. It is about the same size as a double (full/queen) bed and can sleep two. We are 5'10' and 5'7" respectively and were able to fit comfortably stretched out in the "bed" And it is comfortable as well with no springs or rod to jab you in the back. The key is to use it legthways (ie. head/feet facing the balcony doors), as that is the orientation of the cushions.

From its design (the couch seat serves as one "cushion" and the equal sized other piece flips out from below) it could well be made up with two twin sheet sets side by side, since it is really two "cushions". Easier for kids who don't like to share sheets with siblings!

I hope that is of help! Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for all the info and great pictures. We reserved one of these mainly because we know our DS (5 yrs) will get a kick out of sleeping on the pullman. The sofa bed will fit both of our kids just fine (DD is 3), but we like giving him that fun option.

Archived