First time cruiser... question...

Hi all! First time cruiser here... My girlfriend and I booked an Eastern Caribbean Cruise on RCI. We leave from Miami on the Liberty of the Seas on September 19! We're both very excited!

But a quick question... The email confirmation I got from RCI said that if your name doesn't match your passport EXACTLY, that you will be denied boarding. Our passports have our middle names listed, but when I booked the cruise (through Expedia) I was never asked for our middle names. Therefore, it's just our first and last name on the cruise booking. Will this present a problem? Should I have RCI put our middle names on the booking? Will there be a name change charge involved??

Thanks a bunch!!

::Tommy

Hi all! First time cruiser here... My girlfriend and I booked an Eastern Caribbean Cruise on RCI. We leave from Miami on the Liberty of the Seas on September 19! We're both very excited!

But a quick question... The email confirmation I got from RCI said that if your name doesn't match your passport EXACTLY, that you will be denied boarding. Our passports have our middle names listed, but when I booked the cruise (through Expedia) I was never asked for our middle names. Therefore, it's just our first and last name on the cruise booking. Will this present a problem? Should I have RCI put our middle names on the booking? Will there be a name change charge involved??

Thanks a bunch!!

::Tommy

You should not be denied boarding. My passport has my full name, but my RCI reservation only lists my middle initial, it wasn't exact and I was able to board the ship.

I think they are more concered with your first and last name being the same.

ditto....

and, if anyone else is wondering about last names: my son has a hyphenated last name and on his RCI reservation I only listed his first 1/2 of his last name and his passport has his full formal hyphenated last name....not a problem at all and we have cruise 4 times already.

have a great time!!!!!!

Archived