Atlantis Aquaventure + Cashless

orimeep

Hi -

Was planning on booking an excursion to the waterpark at Atlantis and just wondering how one goes about riding on waterslides, etc. and holding onto a credit card to pay for things since it is cashless...

I know it sounds like a silly question, but figured someone out there might have a simple solution or tip/trick - cause it would suck to have my credit card lost at the bottom of a pool somewhere (as opposed to losing $20 which wouldn't be as tragic).

I'm hoping to find some little water proof pouch that I can attach to my swimsuit somehow. I think I'd have to stick it in my suit (but still attached) for the water slides, so it would have to be flat. I'd need it big enough for my credit/ship card, and some cash for the taxi back to the ship. I have one of the bigger ones that you can tie onto a belt loop, etc for diving, but it would be too big for pools and water slides.

I'm not sure if it exists, but I'm going to check my local dive shop.

Well...I just googled a waterproof pouch for swimming and mostly got e-bay responses. I ordered one for $4.19 Canadian including shipping. They had a 99% rating, so I took the chance. I'll find out when it gets here.

It's a little bigger than I would have liked. I just wanted one just a bit bigger than a credit card, but all there seemed to be was ones 11 cm x 22 cm. It is flat however and comes with a strap/tie. When it comes, I'll stick it in the bath to see how well it actually works. Seems okay though.

Thanks! That's a great idea!

(I obviously have never been to a waterpark here either, so thanks for putting up with the silly question).

Any other thoughts or ideas are welcome! :)

I have a small waterproof pouch on a lanyard that I tuck inside my one piece suit. Make sure there is no metal. Some peole use the "neck safes" but some parks do not allow them on their slides.

I bought the one I have a couple of years ago at AAA and it works very well. I know REI sold them last summer. Mine are similar to (note I did not buy from this site but the photo is an exact match for what I bought at a AAA in 2008):

http://www.preparedness.com/watpouc.html

I don't know how comfortable you are with ebay and paypal...but if you do a search on ebay for waterproof pouches for swimming, you'll find several from the same company. They are in different sizes and cost only $1.00 - $5.00 each...and cheap shipping. Like I said, we paid $3.97 total (I thought it was $4.19, but I went back to look and it's a bit less than that.) including shipping. This company has a 99% positive feedback rate, so I felt comfortable going with them.

I may have to fold it when I need to shove it in my swimsuit to make it a bit smaller, but it should be fine.

I bought a 'see it safe container' from West Marine (here's a link to the smaller case) for our cruise last year. They had two different sizes. The one I bought is a little bigger than a credit card and had a clip and a lanyard on it. It was big enough for out two shipcards, one credit card and some cash. I clipped it to one of mu bathing suit straps, wrapped the lanyard cord around the strap, and tucked the case inside my bathing suit top. I know this probably sounds cumbersome but it wasn't. We did a snorkling excursion in Freeport and the Atlantis waterpark and every stayed in tact. If you have a West Marine store near you they keep these on racks near the check out counter in the front of the store.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am lucky. My swim trunks have a nice small heavily velcroed pocket just perfect for cash or credit card. Plus and inverted mesh pocket on the inside of the trunks for worries of pick pocketing. Additionally, if you bring more than one credit card, and leave most on ship, I would be much more worried about losing cash over the card. Since a credit card can be reported lost, and not cost you any money.

Archived