Where to buy wine between MIA and port ...

fernem

Hi, everyone.

We are taking a red-eye from the west coast and getting into Miami (MIA) around 8 a.m. on the day the Century sails at 5 p.m. Where is a good place to get wine to bring on board and does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to get to the pier from the airport in the mid morning and also stop to get wine?

Thanks for any suggestions.

fern

Unless you purchased a transfer voucher, the best way to get from the airport to the port is to take a taxi and it should cost no more than $25-$30. I think it might be a flat rate.

To get wine, I don't know of any liquor stores near the port, but I suggest a Publix grocery store, near downtown Miami. Great wine selection.

Publix

911 SW 1st Ave

Miami, FL 33130

Be careful with trying to bring wine onboard. You can try packing it carefully in your suitcase, but your suitcase is subject to x-ray inspection, and security has been quite tight lately due to Spring Break, and liquor and wine have been confiscated. Good luck!!

Be careful with trying to bring wine onboard. You can try packing it carefully in your suitcase, but your suitcase is subject to x-ray inspection, and security has been quite tight lately due to Spring Break, and liquor and wine have been confiscated. Good luck!!

Just carry your two allowed bottles per cabin onboard in the bag from the store...openly. NO problems. When you try to hide it or smuggle more, it will be confiscated.

The cab driver will stop and wait while you shop quickly. Get a price upfront for a 15-20 min. stop.

Hi, everyone.

We are taking a red-eye from the west coast and getting into Miami (MIA) around 8 a.m. on the day the Century sails at 5 p.m. Where is a good place to get wine to bring on board and does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to get to the pier from the airport in the mid morning and also stop to get wine?

Thanks for any suggestions.

fern

I also bought wine, soda, and water at a CVS directly accross the street from the port enterance...

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Archived