westcoast cruises r ships r leaving us!

DancingGypsy

Take a look at May, 2011 on- no Paradise listed. We are planning to take a group cruise in June, 2011- need a 4 night out of Long Beach- nothing listed with Carnival. I called a month ago- agent was surprised- checked into it - said Paradise and sister ships were not listed anywhere- not listed as being in drydock either. Agent said try back in a month or two......

Sure hope there will be a ship doing the 4 night Mexico itinterary then!

-JC in CA

I just did a search on Carnival's website for cruises out of LA (which is LB, of course) for June 2011. The Splendor comes up.

One thing you have to remember is that many cruiselines just do MR cruises between September and early May. Princess shifts the ships from the MR, Hawaii, and Panama runs over to Alaska for the summer.

I checked the entire schedule there for June 2011 and couldn't find the Paradise listed at all.

None of the Paradise's itineraries have been released past April 2011. There are still a lot of Carnival ships that still need itineraries released.

That's what I figured. Princess has only released some of its post-May 2011 itineraries (just the European and Australian) so far.

Carnival has about 50% of the itineraries released at this point.

Hopefully they will add some cruises to Cabo on the Paradise.

Yes - a lot of cruise lines are leaving the West Coast. They can make more money in other places and policies of West governments are driving them away.

So which cruise lines are leaving the west coast (aside from the ships that normally reposition to Alaska for the summer)? The Sapphire will be doing to Australia, but for the past several years the Diamond Princess and the Sapphire Princess have more or less traded the MR and Australian runs. Will have to see what the fall 2011 itineraries are announced.

Yes - a lot of cruise lines are leaving the West Coast. They can make more money in other places and policies of West governments are driving them away.

Ummmmmm..........Most cruiselines sail to Mexico - Progresso, Cozumel on the east coast. Haven't heard them pulling away from those ports.

Archived