Century suite aft cabin

MNMNFTLAUDERDALE

We are booked for the May 20 TA...has anyone been in one of these? We are in 1149. Thanks

Hi

Were on this one in 1134, there are some pics on another thread but can't remember which one.

Really excited now :)

We were in 1134 March 1st. I posted a couple of pics in the Celebrity photo gallery. I will put a couple under this.

Are you sure these are pictures of the "Century Suites" on the Penthouse deck of the Century? We were in 1136 after the renovation in 2006 and it looked nothing like these pics. Our cabin had an (ugly) built-in couch and a flat screen tv on the wall.

To the OP: If I am correct, 1149 is one of the 9 "Century Suites" (category NS) located on the aft portion of the Penthouse deck. I have posted about our experience with 1136. It is the smallest "Suite" in the Celebrity fleet and is only slightly larger than a Concierge Cabin. (Compare the square footage between CC, SS and NS on the website) Small bath (no tub) that was in need of renovation (after the "renovation"). It has a glass panel door (rather than a slider) out to the balcony which makes the room a bit dark. IMO, this cabin does not compare at all with a normal Sky Suite which is the base "suite" on other Celebrity ships. I really question why Celebrity has kept these cabins in the "Suite" category.

On the plus side, you do have a larger (deeper) balcony, the aft location is very nice, and you do have full butler service which we enjoyed very much.

Just my two cents,

Rich

Are you sure these are pictures of the "Century Suites" on the Penthouse deck of the Century? We were in 1136 after the renovation in 2006 and it looked nothing like these pics. Our cabin had an (ugly) built-in couch and a flat screen tv on the wall.

To the OP: If I am correct, 1149 is one of the 9 "Century Suites" (category NS) located on the aft portion of the Penthouse deck. I have posted about our experience with 1136. It is the smallest "Suite" in the Celebrity fleet and is only slightly larger than a Concierge Cabin. (Compare the square footage between CC, SS and NS on the website) Small bath (no tub) that was in need of renovation (after the "renovation"). It has a glass panel door (rather than a slider) out to the balcony which makes the room a bit dark. IMO, this cabin does not compare at all with a normal Sky Suite which is the base "suite" on other Celebrity ships. I really question why Celebrity has kept these cabins in the "Suite" category.

On the plus side, you do have a larger (deeper) balcony, the aft location is very nice, and you do have full butler service which we enjoyed very much.

Just my two cents,

Rich

Good catch,:eek: sorry those are pics on the NCL Sky. Got my threads mixed up. Try these pics.

I am thinking of upgrading from a CC to a Sky Suite on the Century.

1. Do you lose the perks of a CC (pillow menu, etc)

2. I knew there is extra sq. footage, but is it mainly in the bath area? Looking for more room in the living area.

3. Do you still get the extra cruise credit?

4. I think it has the butler, which is not something I care for, as we had a suite on the Summit and had no use for him.

Having seen the Sky Suites on the Equinox, I am sure there is a big difference.

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking of upgrading from a CC to a Sky Suite on the Century.

1. Do you lose the perks of a CC (pillow menu, etc)

2. I knew there is extra sq. footage, but is it mainly in the bath area? Looking for more room in the living area.

3. Do you still get the extra cruise credit?

4. I think it has the butler, which is not something I care for, as we had a suite on the Summit and had no use for him.

Having seen the Sky Suites on the Equinox, I am sure there is a big difference.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Check out Celebrity's website with comparisons. The Sky Suite is much bigger, although still just one larger cabin. The veranda is much bigger as well (179 sq. ft.). You of course get the extra cruise credit ... you're in a suite!

Yes, it comes with a butler. I personally can't wait for him to bring me my morning latte!

fern

The shower is good size, we had enough room in our cabin. Still going around the bed is a one lane trip. I didn't see a pillow menu, the butler was a plus. We have never had the use of a butler before.

I will agree. The shower was good size. The bath was just a bit banged up due to its age. The balcony was good size and I have always liked an aft view. The butler was very nice to have and we did take advantage of his services with breakfast in the room and on the balcony, afternoon tea and his availability generally. He gave us his cell phone number and was always available if we needed anything. The suites have all the perks of the CC cabins generally. While there is no pillow menu, specifically, I am positive your butler would gladly get you any pillow available on the ship.

If I recall, when we sailed in the NS cabin, we originally had booked a Concierge Cabin but had the opportunity to upgrade to the Century Suite for just a few hundred dollars. We would probably do it again if it was a cheap upgrade. Just don't expect a substantially larger room or bath.

Rich

Boy, I am on a roll. I didn't add the pics. Here they are.

thank heaven these are the pictures. We're planning a Med cruise on Century and based on the prior pictures, that would have been a non-event. The Century room pictures look quite nice.

• 1 month later...

Bringing back an older thread.

For anyone who stayed in the aft NS, were there any lounge chairs on the balcony, or only the 2 chairs and table?

Also, was the balcony covered at all, or was it constant sun on the entire balcony? And finally, were people from the Sunset Bar basically staring down at you? I've read other threads that talk about trash and cigarette ash/butts being dropped from above. :eek:

Thanks,

Sheri

Archived