Any way to find out how many kids will be on board?

MnAsMom

We decided to take our son out of school the last week in April to cruise. I know it will be different than the amount of kids on the Nick Cruise last summer. Is there any way of finding out? I asked when we booked and the agents response was "oh yeah, there are always a fair amount of kids on board"... but that didn't really answer my question.

I'm no help, as I also would like to know if we can find this out.. but don't think there is a way. I asked the cruise line and they say they can't check it, but there are always kids on cruises... didn't really answer my question either!

It depends who you're saiing with. Princess will tell you, HAL and Celebrity won't. They say they don't keep track of that information, whichis hard to believe, but that's what they say.

Obviously, if you go out of regular school time then there will dramatically less than during the vacations, maybe only a handful of kids, and mostly under the age of 5.

You can do a Google search to find out about school vacation weeks nationwide. That might give you a bit of an idea. If any states have spring vacation that week, there will be more kids than if there's no vacation. I think NH is on vacation that week.

• 3 weeks later...
It depends who you're saiing with. Princess will tell you, HAL and Celebrity won't. They say they don't keep track of that information, whichis hard to believe, but that's what they say.

Obviously, if you go out of regular school time then there will dramatically less than during the vacations, maybe only a handful of kids, and mostly under the age of 5.

HAL does tell you how many kids are on board if you call or email Ship's Services and give them your booking number. They even break it down by age group. That is what they did for me. There are a total of 14 on our cruise in May.

diane

• 3 weeks later...

Archived