$150 one way drop off car rental.

oz5

Just got quotes from 4 rental companies Budget, Dollar, thrifty and Alamo and they are charging $150 extra for a one way drop from MCO- they never used to.

If you are planning to pick a car up again after then it will be $300! Because of this we are keeping our car while on the cruise as it is cheaper. We will now be looking for a hotel that offeres free parking.

Does anyone know any rentals that are not charging this fee?

Try Avis. I'm afraid the one-way drop charge is becoming more and more common in Florida, wheras a few years ago it was unheard of.

I've been trying to find an affordable rental car from MCO -> POM and POM -> MCO for our trip in May, and while Avis doesn't charge the $150 drop fee, the Downtown location that is much more convenient to the Port is *considerably* more expensive than the Miami airport location. I really wanted to avoid the whole disaster that is MIA on port days, but I also don't want to pay $500 for 3 days of car rental, either.

The weirdest part is when I did this same trip a year ago, the Downtown Avis location was *cheaper* than the MIA location.

I'm beginning to regret buying non-refundable planes tickets into and out of Orlando, but this is the first cruise for my college-age daughter, and I really wanted to take her to some of the Florida amusement parks she's never been to. My husband and I usually do 2 to 3 Florida trips a year (we're roller coaster nuts), and it just didn't occur to me that rental cars would be such a problem. The last few years it was easy-peasy.

coasterjan

Try using this code for Budget. I got a one way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral for $40 in April.

Y937800

There was no one-way fee.

Thanks so much for this code! I used it and got $40 rental from MCO to Port Canaveral and $35 from Port Canaveral back to MCO!

They won't ask for any special ID or anything, will they?

Thanks again!

Archived