Everything Serenade of the Seas

No these were our islands:

St. Thomas...St. Croix....Antigua...St Lucia...Grenada...Tortola..St. Maarten...St Kitts...Dominica ... and Barbados.

We have done private excursions on Antigua...St. Lucia...Dominica...and Barbados...beaches on Grenada, St. Maarten, St Kitts for sure and other stuff.

Lou

Just off the Serenade yesterday ... old style TVs, not flat panel.

Fabulous cruise, BTW.

Serenade is clearly my new favorite ship in the fleet. I'm working on my review and should have something to post soon.

Just off Serenade 4/24 and JS cabins do have a flat panel tv.

We're booked on the 30May sailing of the Serenade. Does anybody know where I can find a recent compass set for Serenade?

Thanks!

Good luck with that request. :rolleyes: I've been asking for quite some time and nobody seems to be wanting to share. Especially with the new Aruba, Curacao.... route that just started in April. I will be on the Serenade next week and will be sure to post a copies of the daily compass for future cruisers on this route when I return.

Just got off Serenade on Saturday. What a beautiful ship! Loved our JS with the huge walk-in closet. What I didn't like was the horrible noise from the rolling carts in the Windjammer. I am not a light sleeper, but the noise continued all day and all night. It wasn't so bad that we wanted to asked for a new cabin or anything. More of an annoyance. If you can, avoid cabin 1086!

Just off Serenade 4/24 and JS cabins do have a flat panel tv.

Hmmm? We had a JS last week and did not have a flat panel. Met some folks in an inside that did though. They must be upgrading them slowly.

Did you get off the ship on Saturday or Sunday?

The cruise leaving this Saturday (May 8th) is an 8 day which arrives back in San Juan on Sunday.

So all cruises before debark on Saturday. Cruises after debark on Sunday (until Adventure gets back?).

Hmmm? We had a JS last week and did not have a flat panel. Met some folks in an inside that did though. They must be upgrading them slowly.

We were in 1548 and though the flat panel TV is nice.......it emits a lot of heat and there is no way to program on the remote to go off after a certain time when you go to bed. I really missed that.

As far as your staying in 1086.........yes, you do hear noise from the WJ when they are either setting up early in the morning or cleaning up late at night.

Hi Patti! Were your ears burning last week? We met cruzingduo (Joanne & Fred) who mentioned you had gotten off the ship the day we boarded. Sorry we missed you by a week. I was laughing saying, "What was she doing on Serenade? I thought she only cruised on Radiance." LOL!

Good luck with that request. :rolleyes: I've been asking for quite some time and nobody seems to be wanting to share. Especially with the new Aruba, Curacao.... route that just started in April. I will be on the Serenade next week and will be sure to post a copies of the daily compass for future cruisers on this route when I return.

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful trip!

Hi Patti! Were your ears burning last week? We met cruzingduo (Joanne & Fred) who mentioned you had gotten off the ship the day we boarded. Sorry we missed you by a week. I was laughing saying, "What was she doing on Serenade? I thought she only cruised on Radiance." LOL!

We wanted to try another Radiance class ship. :) I promised myself I wouldn't compare..........but it was so hard. There were things on Serenade that were different from Radiance.

One being in the SeaView Cafe, you could only get water otherwise you had to purchase something from the bar. On Radiance we were able to get tea, lemonade and coffee, well as of last November anyway.

On Radiance outside the WJ as you walk in there is a coffee/juice/ice station where you can get coffee and juice in the mornings and then coffee, lemonade and ice tea in the afternoons and evenings. On Serenade they only offered coffee. They have this huge counter with three standing coffee pots that look rather strange. They also have hot chocolate packs and tea, but that really blew us away. On Serenade you have to walk through the WJ and out the back doors to the aft section and this is where you will find juices/teas/lemonade/ice.

More ping pong tables on Serenade as you are walking towards the pool from the WJ. On Radiance they have one ping pong table on the starboard side and then long tables on the port side.

We had a good time and just had to adjust our walking pattern.:D

Broke down (yeah, right!) and booked Serenade for December 2011. Took a while to find a cruise with cabin 9256 available, but we did it! And, the price was pretty good too! Particularly after the diamond discount.

Not looking forward to the airfare costs however. Should be pretty decent to fly home on Christmas day, but going down is a different story.....

So, now I'm going to have to read through this entire thread looking for little snippets of good information. It's a crummy job, but has to be done!

I'm just curious guys - why do you want to see old copies of the Compass? I have always found they are never the same even one week to the next, so I don't know what info you would be looking for.

Like I said, just curious:)

Melbur. I think people want to get an idea of the formal nights, entertainment (if they are cruising soon). Perhaps hours that things are open. I'm guessing it's just more of a "looking forward" thing.

MDSue -

Thanks so much for day 1 of your Compass. You mentioned that you'd try to upload the other days as well. I am anxiously awaiting that if it isn't too much trouble.

Please? :)

Sorry- I got lazy after posting my first copies. Didn't realize how much work it was to download the copies. The only way I could figure out how to post them was to take pictures and download to my camera- Will do a few more for you this week.

If people could be patient, I can scan all my Compasses into a .pdf file at work tomorrow or Tuesday (I have Jury Duty in the morning so don't know exactly when I'll get to the office).

I'll go put them in my car right now so I don't forget

Archived