thompson spirit

It's slow (dial up slow and slow dial up at that!) and it's expensive. Go to an internet cafe or take your laptop and find an unsecured network in the harbour (not that I advocate such actions u understand:D:D:D)

Ideally a netbook would be smaller and lighter for him to carry than the laptop. And he could use it to dump his pics on and view them better on the screen.

There might be free Wi Fi in some places like McDonalds here.

My generation only knows the difference between fixed and portable computers....... give us a break :D

Probably not much difference between us. I remember the other William Hartnell before he was Dr. Who. :eek: Where did I keep my zimmer frame? :D

I had to get up to date when DW got one of these video cameras with a hard drive instead of film cassettes. So needed something light to store videos on after filming.

Berwyn

It's slow (dial up slow and slow dial up at that!) and it's expensive. Go to an internet cafe or take your laptop and find an unsecured network in the harbour (not that I advocate such actions u understand:D:D:D)

Hello Mr Hartnell,

Have you or anyone else got any information on locations in various ports on the Pharoahs and Promised Land itinerary where I might find these unsecured networks? Or any internet cafe directions in ports would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Ann.

Hello Mr Hartnell,

Have you or anyone else got any information on locations in various ports on the Pharoahs and Promised Land itinerary where I might find these unsecured networks? Or any internet cafe directions in ports would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Ann.

I don't know but you can bet your bottom dollar that the crew will! They sit around ports using their laptops (presumably having found a hot spot) or zoom into internet cafes and places with phones. It's so important to them to be able to keep in touch with their families/home. If you haven't found out before you get off in port, ask some of the crew/waiters - I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction. The 'Explore Ashore' information sheets which come to your cabin and give information on transport/things to see/distance from town etc. for each port of call also tells you where there is internet access ashore - not necessarily very specific e.g. 'in the old town' or 'port terminal buildings' but it will give you an indication that there's somewhere around.

Ann, as Kruzseka says the crew will know where the best areas in each port are. McDonalds in most countries offers free Wi-Fi and I've seen the crew sat on walls around the perifery. If there a yachts in port some of them may not have secured their networks (not that I ever do this you undertstand ;))

Archived