Serenity Adults 21+

npstudent

Our experience with the Serenity area on Splendor was great -- it's definitely where I spent most of my time.

The only time I saw any children was when they lost their golf balls from the miniature golf course immediately above the Serenity deck (what were the designers thinking?)

There aren't any hot tubs in the Serenity Area and a very small bar, so no rowdy drunks, but one afternoon there were a couple of apparent first-timers who simply didn't understand the "serenity" part.

I hope it is as nice as Princess's retreat area.

On Splendor, it's very nice, well furnished, private and quiet but there's nothing exotic or thematic going on and no one is going to offer to spritz you -- but it's free. Small bar but no hot tub -- and no hammocks or circular lounges. Is there a charge on Princess?

On Splendor, it's very nice, well furnished, private and quiet but there's nothing exotic or thematic going on and no one is going to offer to spritz you -- but it's free. Small bar but no hot tub -- and no hammocks or circular lounges. Is there a charge on Princess?

The Retreat on the Princess Crown charges $10 per day (may heve went up since 2009)

I had to get in line before 8am (30 min wait) to reserve a spot on sea days, but I would have paid much more than they were asking.

I think it was the best part of that ship.

How about a 31 and older Serenity area, so I don't have to be so bombarded with perky boobs, flat tummies, and celulite free legs. :rolleyes:

Where fat ladies with a couple of kids at home and a hubby with a receding hairline can relax with other fat ladies. Now thats what I call serenity.

How about a 31 and older Serenity area, so I don't have to be so bombarded with perky boobs, flat tummies, and celulite free legs. :rolleyes:

Where fat ladies with a couple of kids at home and a hubby with a receding hairline can relax with other fat ladies. Now thats what I call serenity.

I agree! Great idea. Just make sure it is well marked so I can avoid it.....

I am 29, yet meet those requirements. Can I come too?

Just back from the Freedom and had a nice time in the Serenity area on several occasions throughout the week. It is a lovely area with comfortable lounge chairs, however it is NOT exactly quiet. On Freedom at least (and I imagine on the sister ships as well) Serenity begins at the top of the lido deck tiers, behind a wood slat fence. So anyone sitting near that end of the Serenity area will hear, quite loudly, all the hoopla of the lido deck. As the Serenity area stretches farther forward and around the bend of the bow, you don't hear the lido noise as much, but it still wasn't really quiet. Lots of wind and ocean sounds (which can be very relaxing, of course!) and people talking and laughing and even talking on their cell phones. Still pretty peaceful, way up in the bow, but don't expect the hushed tones of a spa.

That's good to know......I can't imagine it being deathly quiet........

According to Carnival's website it is 21+. From their website:

"Serenity is a tranquil space in a wonderful ocean-going oasis of relaxation and comfort. This adults-only area is available to guests 21 years of age and older and features everything necessary to create the perfect

"me-time" moments. "

I'm not sure how strict they are on it though, which is why I started the thread.

According to Carnival's website it is 21+. From their website:

"Serenity is a tranquil space in a wonderful ocean-going oasis of relaxation and comfort. This adults-only area is available to guests 21 years of age and older and features everything necessary to create the perfect

"me-time" moments. "

I'm not sure how strict they are on it though, which is why I started the thread.

Thanks....I had not seen that before...and after seeing that the disco was open to 18+ every night last week on the Victory, I was a bit confussed...LOL

So...if I'm going to be 20 whenever I cruise next, CCL or not since I have no idea, I can't sit in the Serenity area with my parents without getting kicked out? That....blows. I hate kids.

At 20, you are still a kid???

We sailed on the Freedom this past Thanksgiving. The aft area, complete with pool, hot tubs, and bar was called the “adult serenity” area. Several times during the cruise we observed ship personnel asking adults with children, and unaccompanied children to leave the area.

It was a well maintained adult area and in my opinion, the greatest thing since sliced bread! I wish the entire fleet had the same program as the Freedom!:)

I sailed on the Fantasy twice last year and both times young kids showed up with their parents even though the area was clearly marked as over 21 only. (I'm sure they thought it only applied to others and not them) The kids were getting in the hot tub and the attendant did nothing even though she was sitting right there and the kids were clearly about 10 years old. After a few minutes I brought it to the attendant's attention and she eventually asked the people to leave. On my second Fantasy cruise in 2009 the attendants were enforcing the over 21 rule more effectively. But either time it didn't turn out to be a really big deal. I actually ended up spending most of my time at the waterpark which was full of kids. :D

I have to say that it is nice that it is being enforced now. My wife and I were on the Elation last year, and it was definitely not enforced. We were on a HAL ship last year too that had a similar thing. It was not enforced there either.

Archived