Any Past Carnival Brides----Pictures question

jlynshep

Hello,

I am getting married on Carnivals Paradise in April 2011. As I am speaking with Carnival more and booked our package, they told me that our wedding is going to be between the times of 1-130. and the ceremony will be 15 min then 15 min in-between the reception. My questions is did you have time to take pictures before the wedding? I am worried with having a 1.5 hour open bar that our bridal party might get a little tipsy and I don’t want them having the "buzzed" look on their face for pictures. I also don’t think it is fare for them to not be able to drink, dance and have a good time either, same for us, I just don’t see us looking as fresh after the reception for pictures. Any Ideas????

Thanks, Jami

Since there were two wedding behind me on my day, we were rushed out of the ceremony room and rushed into the disco. I opted not to be pulled from my reception early to take photos which then caused me to have no family photos. At the time , I was thinking more of my non-sailing guest in wanting to tell each of the thank you and goodbye. By the time the reception was over, it was to late to gather my wedding party & our family as they all scattered.

With that said...

Alot of things went wrong my day. This is usually not how it goes...but it happens. I had no guidance my day which caused me to have alot of regrets and heartache. I assigned three family members to help things run smoothly and had two wedding coordinators along with a ship coordinator...you would think with "all that support" I would have had no mishaps.

My soon-to-be sister-in-law was married on a carnival cruise in 2007 - they did their formal shots with the family, bridal party, and everyone else immediately after the ceremony and then did their other photos after the reception.

But they were the only wedding on the cruise ship that day do I don't think they were rushed that much.

The bad part was it was still rushed enough that my fiance didn't get in the family photo since he was sent on an errand to find something by his mom and they didn't have time to retake (or even notice I think!)

Hello,

I am getting married on Carnivals Paradise in April 2011. As I am speaking with Carnival more and booked our package, they told me that our wedding is going to be between the times of 1-130. and the ceremony will be 15 min then 15 min in-between the reception. My questions is did you have time to take pictures before the wedding? I am worried with having a 1.5 hour open bar that our bridal party might get a little tipsy and I don’t want them having the "buzzed" look on their face for pictures. I also don’t think it is fare for them to not be able to drink, dance and have a good time either, same for us, I just don’t see us looking as fresh after the reception for pictures. Any Ideas????

Thanks, Jami

What day are you getting married on Carnival Paradise? My fiance and I are on April 05, 2011. Yay month & ship twin!

I was def buzzed for my pics and it made them better, esp all the ones they wanted hubby and I to kiss for because normally I hate PDA. The family looked like they were having fun but it isn't enough time to get really hammered.

What day are you getting married on Carnival Paradise? My fiance and I are on April 05, 2011. Yay month & ship twin!

I am April 1, 2011, so you must be getting married the day we get back into port!!

I didn't get married on Carnival but all the cruise lines use the same wedding company. We had some family shots immediately after, on the way to the reception. It really doesn't take that long if you let everyone that you want in the photos to wait after the ceremony. Then you don't have to track people down or wait for someone to come back etc.

The other thing we did (and this is dependent on the cruise line photographer/policies) is we took pictures 3 days later too. We got all dressed up again and took pictures all around the ship, and we had the option of having those cruising with us to be in them as well. I don't remember why we did it or how we came about setting it up. But it was post wedding with the photographer.

I had my hair different in the 2nd photo shoot and no one that has seen the pictures even noticed til I pointed it out LOL

For my wedding on Miracle in May, while I was getting dressed, the photographer photographed DH with his family and groomsmen. Right before the ceremony I was photographed with my mother, bridesmaids, flower girl and ring bearer. Before the reception ended we took groups shots. When the reception was over, the photographer too DH and I around the ship getting pics.

Jerseygirl79, I can't believe your 1 year anniversary is almost here! I can remember when I first signed up for this site last April and I was so excited to read all about your wedding and thought it would take FOREVER for mine to get here. I guess it just goes to show that time really does fly by! An early congrats on your anniversary! :)

Since there were two wedding behind me on my day, we were rushed out of the ceremony room and rushed into the disco. I opted not to be pulled from my reception early to take photos which then caused me to have no family photos. At the time , I was thinking more of my non-sailing guest in wanting to tell each of the thank you and goodbye. By the time the reception was over, it was to late to gather my wedding party & our family as they all scattered.

With that said...

Alot of things went wrong my day. This is usually not how it goes...but it happens. I had no guidance my day which caused me to have alot of regrets and heartache. I assigned three family members to help things run smoothly and had two wedding coordinators along with a ship coordinator...you would think with "all that support" I would have had no mishaps.

Dear maddam 5maria,

So, considering all the above, what would you do differently today? How would you plan your wedding? Thanks

Dear maddam 5maria,

So, considering all the above, what would you do differently today? How would you plan your wedding? Thanks

I would have been more of a bridezilla and put my foot down on alot of things. I just really put my faith in my "support" and allowed myself to "go with the flow". Ideally..that is how it's supposed to be, but it bit me in the butt.

As I posted in my wedding review, if I could have done it all over again...I would not have had a cruise wedding. It turned out to be more grief for me in the long run.

Archived