The Chef's Table expands!!!

*Mach*

Based on the above poster I already had a steakhouse reservation I made online. I replied to that and got the nights they were doing the Chef's Table and made a reservation in advance!

If you have already established contact - this is an ideal way. Most people that would want to try the Chef's Table would likely already be people who enjoy the Steakhouse (on ships which have them). So it's a simple matter !

:)

Tom

I wonder how well known a "thing" this is, outside of cruise chat boards.

I love Cruise Critic for all the cool stuff I learn about! :D

Very happy I could book this in advance. This is the first time we can drive to a port and we're enjoying the fact that we can sleep in and don't have to leave our house til 10:00 am. We'll still be in the first wave of people on board since we're VIP with the T-n-C aft wrap # 4228 booked.

I wonder how well known a "thing" this is, outside of cruise chat boards.

Very happy I could book this in advance. This is the first time we can drive to a port and we're enjoying the fact that we can sleep in and don't have to leave our house til 10:00 am. We'll still be in the first wave of people on board since we're VIP with the T-n-C aft wrap # 4228 booked.

It's not well known at all outside of these boards.

I've heard from a number of cruise directors and hotel managers who have mentioned that many, if not most, of their diners who have foreknowledge about the Chef's Table heard about it here on Cruise Critic...

[quote name='KJPG']I wonder how well known a "thing" this is, outside of cruise chat boards.

Very happy I could book this in advance. This is the first time we can drive to a port and we're enjoying the fact that we can sleep in and don't have to leave our house til 10:00 am. We'll still be in the first wave of people on board since we're VIP with the T-n-C aft wrap # 4228 booked.[/quote]

We LOVE being able to drive to the port - all of 20 something minutes from Port Canaveral (where the Pride USED to be :D) and only a couple of hours from Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami. So far we have ONLY sailed from Florida ports.... one day that will have to change (assuming we ever want to sail in the Pacific or Mediterranean)!!

You know what's funny? We booked 4228 on the Pride (it was perhaps our 3rd/4th Carnival cruise) without even knowing it was a suite. I had looked at the deck plans (being a novice then) and thought it would be neat to have a large balcony like that. Thus, when we went through embarkation it did not even dawn on us to utilize any VIP (Captain's Club I believe it was called then) lines. Oddly, it was well over a year later, reading along here on Cruise Critic when it hit me --- !!! That was a BIG "DUH" moment! :o

Tom

[QUOTE=KCCruisin';24456823]Is the Chef's table still offered on the Ecstasy? Where do we sign up?[/QUOTE]

It is offered on the Ecstasy. I just got off the ship. Unfortunately I did not book it. I had already booked the behind the fun tour(and loved it).I will definetly book it next time.
As Mach stated you should be able to book it in the formalities shop. Our Matrd' (sorry spelling issue) announced it one night in the MDR.

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']

You know what's funny? We booked 4228 on the Pride (it was perhaps our 3rd/4th Carnival cruise) without even knowing it was a suite. I had looked at the deck plans (being a novice then) and thought it would be neat to have a large balcony like that. Thus, when we went through embarkation it did not even dawn on us to utilize any VIP (Captain's Club I believe it was called then) lines. Oddly, it was well over a year later, reading along here on Cruise Critic when it hit me --- !!! That was a BIG "DUH" moment! :o

Tom[/quote]

They had me at 2 TVs. Our 10yo daughter always stays with us and we spend time in the cabin being subjected to Cartoon network. Now she can stay in the "living room" and DH & I can sit and read in quiet.

[quote name='Host Mach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]It's not well known at all outside of these boards.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]I've heard from a number of cruise directors and hotel managers who have mentioned that many, if not most, of their diners who have foreknowledge about the Chef's Table heard about it here on Cruise Critic...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

Then it's almost like it's just for us. :D

I can't imagine cruising and not researching. Any looking around for cruise info leads you here. I was here before ever booking a cruise.

Our 20yo is in Baking & Pastry at the CIA. I mentioned this to her (wanting to see if she would be interested in going) and she said "Mom, that would be $300 in NYC. Yes please very much."

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='maxamuus'][COLOR=red][B]Has the Chef's Table been expanded at all? [/B][/COLOR]

Just booked the Spirit for Jan. and the Freedom for May. Might like to give it another try or first try on Carnival.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]I have wondered that too. But.....we seem to have lost our "source" - since Mach is not posting much (or at all) these days :(.[/SIZE]

[quote name='happy cruzin'][SIZE=3]I have wondered that too. But.....we seem to have lost our "source" - since Mach is not posting much (or at all) these days :(.[/SIZE][/quote]

Really? Something happen to Mach? He has always been the go to guy on here.

[quote name='maxamuus']Really? [COLOR=red][B]Something happen to Mach?[/B][/COLOR] He has always been the go to guy on here.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]I don't think so. But posters have mentioned on other threads - that he has not been around as much :([/SIZE]

[quote name='happy cruzin'][SIZE=3]I don't think so. But posters have mentioned on other threads - that he has not been around as much :([/SIZE][/quote]

He only seems to post on the Crazies cruise thread a little

[COLOR=darkred]When I asked [SIZE=1](last month)[/SIZE] the Exec Chef on [I]Carnival Destiny[/I] about the possible date of arrival for Chef's Table on that ship, and the answer was, [B]"[/B]We are looking at all options, but don't hold your breath on it being soon[B]"[/B].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]There's literally zero extra space in the actual galley, and the library on that ship looks smaller than that of the [I]Fantasy[/I]-class vessels (where it take place on those).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]Was hoping for that experience in September, but looks like dat ain't gonna happen. :([/COLOR]

[quote name='ssatterly']What about the Legend?[/quote]
Here are the current ships....

[FONT=Tahoma]The Chef’s Table program is currently on the [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Dream[/COLOR], [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Ecstasy[/COLOR], [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Liberty[/COLOR] and [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Sensation[/COLOR]. The program will be rolled out to the following ships:[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Imagination: 4/19/10[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Inspiration: 4/24/10[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Pride: 5/05/10[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Fascination: 5/13/10[/FONT]

[quote name='jessemon']Here are the current ships....

[FONT=Tahoma]The Chef’s Table program is currently on the [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Dream[/COLOR], [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Ecstasy[/COLOR], [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Liberty[/COLOR] and [COLOR=#1f497d]Carnival Sensation[/COLOR]. The program will be rolled out to the following ships:[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Imagination: 4/19/10[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Inspiration: 4/24/10[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Pride: 5/05/10[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Carnival Fascination: 5/13/10[/FONT][/quote]

Thank you

But that bites...lol Maybe just maybe ONE day I'll be on a Ship with it...

[quote name='Host Mach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Here's a picture of our merry little group of diners with Executive Chef Turesh Babu in the background:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/chefstablepic.jpg[/IMG]

:)[/quote]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]wow, Mach, a one man band! :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='IndyGirl'][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]wow, Mach, a one man band! :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Heheheee... that was a fantastic evening!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I just returned from the June 6th sailing of the Pride and was able to enjoy The Chef's Table. It was a great, memorable experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who is aboard a vessel that offers it! After our hors d'oerves and champagne in the galley, we adjourned to the bottom level of Beauties, the disco, where dinner was served. There is a door from the galley that goes directly into Beauties. I imagine it will be only a matter of time until this option is available on other ships.

Archived