Oversold

yorkiemomjn

"Get on line for the Library?"

Sorry if I've missed out on a prior topic of discussion, but what does this quote mean? The Library was open to all pax at all times on our two O cruises; no reservations and no lining up. Has this changed? Or am I missing the point of a joke?

I think that if you have a booking #, you are good to go. :D

Speaking of that booking #, try using it to sign onto the Oceania website (they way that you do to fill in your passenger information).

I'd be suprised if you haven't already been assigned to a stateroom, even if you have not been notified yet.

I see no mention of a guarantee in your above post..if you have a waitlist you still have a booking number and that means if your waitlist does not clear, you do not board the ship.

Jancruz1

I checked the web site - No cabin number yet ...........it says "Get on line for the Library" LOL. I hope their couches are comfortable!

"Get on line for the Library?"

Sorry if I've missed out on a prior topic of discussion, but what does this quote mean? The Library was open to all pax at all times on our two O cruises; no reservations and no lining up. Has this changed? Or am I missing the point of a joke?

I believe that you are (missing the point of the joke). "LOL" stands for laughing out loud. I think the initial poster was joking that she would be joining a line of people waiting to sleep in the library.

I see no mention of a guarantee in your above post..if you have a waitlist you still have a booking number and that means if your waitlist does not clear, you do not board the ship

Good point Jan. Mparis, which are you, Guarantee or Waitlist only? :confused:

Good point Jan. Mparis, which are you, Guarantee or Waitlist only? :confused:

An early post, #22 mentions "... thus the guarantee booking."

We too and a couple of others on the Roll Call have the same category GTY. With this being a much anticipated sailing and the apparent number of GTYs (no idea what the norm is though) there is some speculation on where we will end up.

Well, we have a cabin # assigned on Marina's Nov 2011 crossing, Rome to Miami, and are wait-listed for two other categories (which we would prefer) on the same cruise.

We'll be on board, but perhaps not in our 1st choice, with a booking 20 months out!

An early post, #22 mentions "... thus the guarantee booking."

We too and a couple of others on the Roll Call have the same category GTY. With this being a much anticipated sailing and the apparent number of GTYs (no idea what the norm is though) there is some speculation on where we will end up.

With a GTY booking Stan and Jim are correct, you will be on the ship and in your GTY category.

Jancruz1

Yes, we have a "Guarantee". I have never been concerned about getting a cabin with a "Guarantee" before. It appears that a lot of people have bookings for a "Guarantee" because nothing else was available, everything sold out so quickly. There are only 20 outside cabins, that's not very many. If some Verandas become available they may offer them at a discounted rate to get their "Guarantee" people taken care of.....we will see.

Marion

Yes, we have a "Guarantee". I have never been concerned about getting a cabin with a "Guarantee" before. It appears that a lot of people have bookings for a "Guarantee" because nothing else was available, everything sold out so quickly. There are only 20 outside cabins, that's not very many. If some Verandas become available they may offer them at a discounted rate to get their "Guarantee" people taken care of.....we will see.

Great! With a guarantee you're guaranteed a space on the ship.

You can relaxe now, it's all up to chance and the generosity of the upgrade gods.....

testimonial-pot-of-gold-small.jpg

Archived