Sprirt OnBoard Accounts

Hello,

I know they operate a cashless system on board, but I have just read in the Thomson brochure something that worries me.

You settle your account at the end of the cruise, which I have done on previous cruises without a problem.

It says,"Please note there may be a small charge for paying by credit card". :eek:

I have never come accross this for settling an onboard account, yes I know if you ask for cash advances, or paying online for holidays I have seen it added on, but never heard of this.

Can ayone tell me if they actually do make a charge to settle on board accounts with a credit card, and if so, what is their charge?

Many thanks,

Ann.

Hi Ann,

Like you we have never had a charge added to our account. We sailed with Thomson's in December and there was no charge then.

They want us to use the cards for their convenience so it would be a cheek to start charging.

Berwyn

Done quite a few Thomson cruises - always pay by credit card (Mastercard) and never had a charge. In a ticket booklet I have (from Spirit) it says;

'You can settle your bill using cash, traveller's cheques, credit cards and most major debit cards (e.g. Visa/Delta and Switch). Please note there is a 2% charge to change travellers' cheques or to use them to settle your onboard account.'

Since it specifically says there is a charge with travellers' cheques and not credit cards/debit cards does rather imply there is no charge associated with using them?

But has anyone out there ever been charged - and if so, which credit card was it? (Perhaps it depends on which type???? :confused: )

I hope they haven't changed the rules as lots of people prefer not to have too much cash with them - and if they have it's represents a hidden extra charge. :mad:

Archived