Final Payment, automatic payment

Traveler353

It seems every couple of weeks someone ask a question about Final Payments dates and what happens if they miss making the payment on the due date. I booked a cruise last week thru my PVP. He informed me of a new/recent program where Carnival with approval will automaticaly take out the final payment on the date it is due using the credit card that we have on record with them. This should save a lot of the concern about missing the due date for people that are unable to keep up with it. Sounds like a good service to me. I told him to sign me up for it.

Most good TAs will have the cruise line bill final payment on the due date from the credit card on record. What I like about a good TA is that we get free travel ins & OBCs .

That is nice, but this information will be of use to people that book directly with a Carnival PVP.

It seems every couple of weeks someone ask a question about Final Payments dates and what happens if they miss making the payment on the due date. I booked a cruise last week thru my PVP. He informed me of a new/recent program where Carnival with approval will automaticaly take out the final payment on the date it is due using the credit card that we have on record with them. This should save a lot of the concern about missing the due date for people that are unable to keep up with it. Sounds like a good service to me. I told him to sign me up for it.

I am using this method also on our upcoming cruise. I was going to use credit card anyway, so i figured might as well let them automatically do it for me...:rolleyes:

I think most people's concern with missing the final due date is not that will forget the date (who could actually do that?) but that they don't have the money on the date that it's due and need to extend just one more paycheck, etc.

As a side note, on my last cruise I thought that my dad had made the payment and Daddy thought I had made it and long story short it didn't get made. Carnival called us about two weeks after the date to see if we were still planning to go and when we thought we would be making the final payment.

As a side note, on my last cruise I thought that my dad had made the payment and Daddy thought I had made it and long story short it didn't get made. Carnival called us about two weeks after the date to see if we were still planning to go and when we thought we would be making the final payment.

Just goes to show, if you had signed up for the auto pay you would not have had this potentialy embarrassing moment come up. Think how mad you would have been if they had not called you and had just cancelled your booking instead. That is what most of the people that post asking questions are afraid of.:D

It all sounds well and good, but I booked this cruise for me and my friends and put the downpayment on my own cc and they payed me their portion of the deposit. I would hate for their portion of the unpaid balance to go on my card. Well I could earn more points that way....hmmmm maybe it is a good idea. :D

When I booked about a month ago for a December cruise, my PVP offered to automatically ding our credit card when the final payment was due. That would have been okay except for two things.

(1) I was waiting for my new Carnival Funpoints card to arrive. So I put the deposit on the card I had at the time but will put the remainder on my Carnival card.

(2) I wanted to pay in three chunks: deposit, second payment, final payment. Spreads it out that way between now and the cruise.

Overall, however, I like the idea of having them process that final payment automatically.

My wife and I will be on the Freedom, June 5th and I signed up for the automatic payment sometime in January. Our final payment was due March 22nd and worked fine, as I received an e-mail confirmation (a little after 12 AM) with all of the particulars of our cruise. A month or so prior, I called Carnival just to check and they confirmed that our final payment would be charged automatically.

When I made our reservation, I asked the Carnival agent (not a PVP but and incoming call person) if I needed to call back on the final payment date. She said "I think they automatically charge your card". I plan to call them on that date just to make sure.

j

Archived