Paradise Beach Cozumel - anyone recently been?

Redheada

<a href=EnchantmentoftheSeas130.jpg' alt='Enchan

Paradise Beach Cozumel - There are more slides and a big ice berg like climbing mountain

Does Mr. Sanchos share these same water toys, or do they have their own beach toys in their own area? Does anyone know?

The pictures I have seen of Mr. Sancho's beach/water toys, slides, etc....look different and don't have the variety that PB seems to offer. I'm confused.....

Does Mr. Sanchos share these same water toys, or do they have their own beach toys in their own area? Does anyone know? Mr Sanchos is completely separate from PB

The pictures I have seen of Mr. Sancho's beach/water toys, slides, etc....look different and don't have the variety that PB seems to offer. I'm confused.....

We were there on New Years Day!!! It was BEAUTIFULL. And even if there was 3 ships at Cozumel, we didn't feel it at Paradise Beach.

It's 2$/chair with shade

It's 12$ for the water toys p.p.

We were there on New Years Day also, and loved the new pool. It was a perfect sunny day to either be on the beach or up by the pool. Very nice facilities. They also were requiring in addition to the $2 chair fee, a $10/pp food/beverage charge which wasn't bad. This was our first time there and will definately look to go back in the future.

Does Mr. Sanchos share these same water toys, or do they have their own beach toys in their own area? Does anyone know?

Mr Sanchos is further down the way, so they are completely separate from Paradise Beach. Each of these properties has its own water toys.

We were in Cozumel in Dec and had reserved Nachi Cocum prior to leaving home. How would you compare Nachi Cocum to Paradise or any of the other beaches as NC was the only one we were at and loved it. For $49 all inlcusive we thought it was a great deal. But $15 ea way for cab on top, plus of course a tip for the great server (Carlos) we had it added up to about $150 for the two of us.

We were there on New Years Day also, and loved the new pool. It was a perfect sunny day to either be on the beach or up by the pool. Very nice facilities. They also were requiring in addition to the $2 chair fee, a $10/pp food/beverage charge which wasn't bad. This was our first time there and will definately look to go back in the future.

For the $2 chair fee, do you get an umbrella too?? If not, how much to rent an umbrella?

We were in Cozumel in Dec and had reserved Nachi Cocum prior to leaving home. How would you compare Nachi Cocum to Paradise or any of the other beaches as NC was the only one we were at and loved it. For $49 all inlcusive we thought it was a great deal. But $15 ea way for cab on top, plus of course a tip for the great server (Carlos) we had it added up to about $150 for the two of us.

We thought about Nachi Cocum, but we knew our four teenagers would get bored there. They will love the water toys at PB or Sanchos. If it were just hubby and I.....I would definitely go to Nachi.

Does it feel as crowded as it looks? I was picturing a nice quiet beach, are all cozumel beaches this "busy"? I'm sure my children would love the activities, I just hope there is a nice quiet spot for us older people to watch.

Nachi Cocum is no where near crowded. They only allow 100 people total on any given day. When we were there, they had 94 people booked. We were the 1st to arrive and one of the last to leave and there was never a problem of being over crowded. I would go back in a heart beat! Loved, loved, loved it! :D

We were at Nachi Cocum in Dec. - that day they had 94 people booked. They only allow 100 total on any given day. We were the 1st to arrive and one of the last to leave. There was never a feeling of being overcrowded. As a matter of fact it was the opposite. Lots of room.

That sounds great, do they restrict you to just one thing on the menu or can you try a couple? Would there be anything for my teen boys to do? Sorry all the questions we just would like to find the right place. Thank you to all that responded.

That sounds great, do they restrict you to just one thing on the menu or can you try a couple? Would there be anything for my teen boys to do? Sorry all the questions we just would like to find the right place. Thank you to all that responded.

No, they do not restrict you to one thing on the menu. We had appetizers, plus we both ordered 2 entrees - no dessert - too full. Not sure if all servers allow you to order what you want, but Carlos, our server did. There are water toys - at a small cost. Bring you own towels as I heard they charged for towels. Not sure how much. We had brought some old ones from home.

No, they do not restrict you to one thing on the menu. We had appetizers, plus we both ordered 2 entrees - no dessert - too full. Not sure if all servers allow you to order what you want, but Carlos, our server did. There are water toys - at a small cost. Bring you own towels as I heard they charged for towels. Not sure how much. We had brought some old ones from home.

There are water toys at Nachi??? That's the first I have heard of that. What do they have? How much? We heard they had no water toys and that is why we decided against going there.

Please advise.........

We stumbled across PB while searching for things to do on our Oasis cruise in April. It looks very nice. Can someone please clarify a few things. I understand its $2 for a chair and they want you to spend $10 pp on food/drinks (not always enforced) and the water toys are $12. But is there a charge to use the pool? Also, is the pool heated or even warm (I hate cold water). Any other tips/info would be great. THANKS!:D

We stumbled across PB while searching for things to do on our Oasis cruise in April. It looks very nice. Can someone please clarify a few things. I understand its $2 for a chair and they want you to spend $10 pp on food/drinks (not always enforced) and the water toys are $12. But is there a charge to use the pool? Also, is the pool heated or even warm (I hate cold water). Any other tips/info would be great. THANKS!:D

We were at PB on 1/10/11. The lounger is $2. Umbrellas are free. There is no charge to use the pool or sit at a lounger in the pool area. The pool is fantastic. It is heated. The ocean water was very chilly but the pool was warm. They have loungers that sit right in the water. Also they have free internet. There are two computers at the bar that you can use or you can bring your own computer and use the wifi for free.

I just went to Nachi's website and it doesnt say anything about water toys like PB and Sancho's has?? They have water "sports", but not toys like the trampoline, slides, climbing walls, etc.....

There are water toys at Nachi??? That's the first I have heard of that. What do they have? How much? We heard they had no water toys and that is why we decided against going there.

Please advise.........

http://cozumelnachicocom.net/eng/amenities.cfm Under the amenities it shows what activities they have and the cost.

We got back about 10 days ago. Our expereince at PB wasn't as pleasant as our beach experience at Costa Maya at Tropicante.

PB is a very nice beach and there's a warm pool as well. Only $2 to rent a lounge chair and $12 to use the water toys which we didn't as there're lots of people. The unbrellas are free if you can get close to one. There're rows and rows of loungers that stretch from the edge of the beach to the shady trees. You need to consume $10 worth of food or drinks which is not too difficult. A couple of drinks will push you over. One of the servers ( he seems like the supervisor) was particularly rude. We heard him yelling at others who ordered 1 thing at a time "$10 consumption per person! " When 1 guy said he'd order more later , he actually said, 'no, you have to order now" . It's ambarassing to have to witness stuff like that.

The cab ride to PB seems to be a standard $20 at the pier. For 5 of us it's Ok. So it's better to round up more people to share a cab.

We got back about 10 days ago. Our expereince at PB wasn't as pleasant as our beach experience at Costa Maya at Tropicante.

PB is a very nice beach and there's a warm pool as well. Only $2 to rent a lounge chair and $12 to use the water toys which we didn't as there're lots of people. The unbrellas are free if you can get close to one. There're rows and rows of loungers that stretch from the edge of the beach to the shady trees. You need to consume $10 worth of food or drinks which is not too difficult. A couple of drinks will push you over. One of the servers ( he seems like the supervisor) was particularly rude. We heard him yelling at others who ordered 1 thing at a time "$10 consumption per person! " When 1 guy said he'd order more later , he actually said, 'no, you have to order now" . It's ambarassing to have to witness stuff like that.

The cab ride to PB seems to be a standard $20 at the pier. For 5 of us it's Ok. So it's better to round up more people to share a cab.

That is not exceptable.

The good news is that having gone to Paradise Beach many times a year since it opened, that seems to be the exception and not the rule.

IF you happen to remember the guy's name...I am sure the new manager would appreciate the feed back.

In fact, any time someone has an issue, I would encourage them to talk with the manager right then.... since I know their goal is to provide the best experience possible...it will help them do that.

One of the things I don't like about Cozumel is the taxi fees. But there is not a lot someone can do about that I guess....

Btw, don't be afraid to move a lounger. Lots of folks move them into the water's edge etc.

49 days and counting!! This will be my family's first trip to Cozumel and we are planning on spending the day at Paradise Beach. Is the beach more brownish in color, or is it the clear blue/green? Also is it rocky at all, like needing beach shoes to wear?

Thanks!

49 days and counting!! This will be my family's first trip to Cozumel and we are planning on spending the day at Paradise Beach. Is the beach more brownish in color, or is it the clear blue/green? Also is it rocky at all, like needing beach shoes to wear?

Thanks!

The only time it is murky looking is IF a Norte' has blown through. But if their water is murky...all the beach resorts will be, since they all run together on the West side of the island.

I am OCD about my boys wearing water shoes. Many of the beach resorts can be a bit rocky (especially right at or just beyond the water line).

However, you can enter the water at the NORTH end of Paradise Beach without water shoes.

I promised pictures....sorry it took so long....we still use that silly thing call FILM.

In order of the pictures below....

Here is the new entrance....

Here is the view literally from my chair under the new palapa bar. It is huge and so nice....

plus chairs IN the water...what a cool idea...

IMG015.jpg.7eeecb1a05a13f1ddd57b130aeaee7fc.jpg

IMG021.jpg.77cc15e7b276fb3485dceb60d93a5fbb.jpg

IMG018.jpg.4473c8ea9f6ef2fe75f1dea067d32e3a.jpg

Thanks!

We were there Jan. 18th. Water was very clear. We went parasailing and saw rays, it was that clear.

Some have commented on ordering food, drink, etc. We were never told we had too.

Archived