Norwegian Gem Ice Cream Bar?

CruizinJewels

Hello! I found this wonderful pic online of what appears to be an ice cream parlor or bar. It states that the ice cream is free...

Someone who has been on this ship fairly recently... is this still free and available???

Here is the site where I found the pic:

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/galleries/3211/59461.jpg

Thank you!

Still free and available. They also have soft serve machines to the left (not seen in the picture). I do not remember the exact times during the day when offered but I do remember somewhere mid afternoon when I visited!

coka

Everything is "calorie free" on a cruise. It has something to do with the salt water and waves. ?? :p

This is very true. In fact, if you stay on a ship long enough the salt-air and water will draw all the fat right out of your body!! Once that happens, the faster you eat, the skinnier you'll get!! lol:D:D

Trouble is, I can never afford to stay cruising long enough for this phenomenon to occur. The best I can ever do is 7 days at a time and that's not nearly long enough! ;)

I'm going on NEXT Saturday so I'll let you know - but was free in January, and I was told again it was free and will be for my April 3 cruise. The Ice Cream is very very good!!

Just a tip - if you like blueberry topping on Ice Cream, go to blue laggoon - get vanilla ice cream and tell them to put the blueberry topping on from the blueberry cheesecake - its EXCELLENT!

One of the things I remember most (food wise) about my Jewel cruise in 2006 was the banana pancakes with coconut ice cream from Orchid. It was AMAZING! Glad to hear the coconut ice cream is free. Mmmmm.

There wasn't an ice cream bar on the Jewel in '06. This is an amazing difference!

Everything is "calorie free" on a cruise. It has something to do with the salt water and waves. ?? :p

No silly!! Calories can't SWIM!!!! heeheehhee~:D:D

A good friend of mine is on Gem next weekend for their 1st ever cruise so I popped over here to see if there are any good pointers...(and I could not resist being funny!

No silly!! Calories can't SWIM!!!! heeheehhee~:D:D

A good friend of mine is on Gem next weekend for their 1st ever cruise so I popped over here to see if there are any good pointers...(and I could not resist being funny!

You're right they sink right down to my hips! :D

I am on the Gem tomorrow and can't wait! Hope your friend has a great cruise!

One of the things I remember most (food wise) about my Jewel cruise in 2006 was the banana pancakes with coconut ice cream from Orchid. It was AMAZING! Glad to hear the coconut ice cream is free. Mmmmm.

There wasn't an ice cream bar on the Jewel in '06. This is an amazing difference!

Totally agree - the banana pancakes with coconut ice cream were delicious.

If you like coconut, be sure to try the coconut ice cream! It sounds strange, but is so delicious! (and calorie-free, I'm sure!):D

The coconut ice cream is excellent with the chocolate syrup. I'm getting hungry now....:D

*Also I top my chocolate crepes in the evening with additional chocolate syrup from the ice cream section.

*Oh, and you can also just ask for a cup of gummy bears from the ice cream counter.........hold the ice cream. Great for snacking! :)

Just got off the Gem last week. Ice cream bar is still there, still free and still delicious. I think it was open when the buffet is open but there is a soft ice cream machine back in the Great Outdoors which is always available, at least it was when we went. Don't know about that calorie thing you guys got going on, but I can tell you it didn't work for me. I need to live on bread and water after this last cruise.

If you like coconut, be sure to try the coconut ice cream! It sounds strange, but is so delicious! (and calorie-free, I'm sure!):D

Doesn't sound strange to me....I love coconut! Calories or not...I plan on going there....a lot!

But..my favorite flavor of ice cream is coffee. That's always a hard one to find.

Can't wait....just 289 days to go.:D

You're right they sink right down to my hips! :D

I am on the Gem tomorrow and can't wait! Hope your friend has a great cruise!

Please...please write a review when you come back. I can't get enough of reading about the Gem. This will be our first cruise.

Have a great time!

• 1 year later...

Archived