Impressed with Carnival...Until it came to the most important day of my life!!

melraemic

Man that really blows:( I would keep calling until you get to talk to someone important.......they need to help you out......there is still plenty of time to switch ships on the same date......or at least get your money back so you can check out other lines.......in fact you should be checking out other cruiselines now just to have a plan b in motion........

Good luck and let us know what happens........

First I want to say I am so sorry that happened to you. I'd be devasted. Weddings have so much drama anyways, you sure dont' need more added to it.

Next I want to respond to this:

So, as you can see, I do not want to sail with them next week, and sadly this will be my fiance's first experience on a cruise.

I assume you have a cruise booked next week. Do NOT let this ruin that cruise. You owe your Fiance more than that. The crew on this ship didn't ruin your wedding. They didn't do anything to you so go in with the same attitude you've always had that you will go an enjoy yourself. You can be mad a corporate all you want for ruining your wedding by why let it not only ruin your cruise that you are going on next week but even more importantly your first cruise with your fiance? Do you really want to let some company have that kind of power over your happiness.

So prepare now to go on this cruise and have an awesome time with future DH and make some great memories. You can deal with corporate after you get back. Leave it behind and enjoy your time with each other.

Very good post, poobears. Sound advice.

You've gotten some good advice from several people. I would look at either Royal Caribbean or Norwegian as they both have Bahamas cruises out of Miami on November 12th. I wouldn't waste my time on anger (although it is certainly understandable to be angry), but just move forward to plan B.

I hope you take poobears advice and have a great cruise next week.

The ship was the Imagination out of Miami on November 12th.

Thank you all for your responses, especially the info regarding the senior cruise director!!

Here's what I just pulled up,it does not depart on the 12th:confused::confused:...........

4-night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami (Roundtrip)

Cruise Ship:

Carnival Imagination

2010 Departures:

Nov: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29

Here's what I just pulled up,it does not depart on the 12th:confused::confused:...........

Cruise Ship:

Carnival Imagination

2010 Departures:

That's the 4niht, we are booked on the 3 night.

Cruise Ship:

Carnival Imagination

2010 Departures:

It's not showing because it was chartered yesterday. When that happens the cruises are no longer shown on Carnival's website.

OP, if it helps at all...

I just called Carnival and, of course, the person who I spoke with didn't know anything about the chartering. In fact she sort of thought I was crazy, until she spoke with her supervisor. She came back to tell me that the entire ship had been chartered for a wedding??? She told me to call the 1-800 number in the morning and ask to be put through to guest admin??? She said they handle these situations and they will discuss possible solutions with me.

There is a 3 night out of Port Canaveral on the Sensation leaving the same day. Also, The Norwegian Sky leaves the same day out of Miami. I've been on this ship and had a blast!! This alternative offers a stop at the private island, instead of the extra day at sea.

I hope this helps you a little. I will post after I speak with them tomorrow.

OP, if it helps at all...

I just called Carnival and, of course, the person who I spoke with didn't know anything about the chartering. In fact she sort of thought I was crazy, until she spoke with her supervisor. She came back to tell me that the entire ship had been chartered for a wedding??? She told me to call the 1-800 number in the morning and ask to be put through to guest admin??? She said they handle these situations and they will discuss possible solutions with me.

There is a 3 night out of Port Canaveral on the Sensation leaving the same day. Also, The Norwegian Sky leaves the same day out of Miami. I've been on this ship and had a blast!! This alternative offers a stop at the private island, instead of the extra day at sea.

I hope this helps you a little. I will post after I speak with them tomorrow.

Pretty big wedding:eek: I guess the CEO of the company doing the chartering got some bailout money and is going to marry the girlfriend.

The ship was the Imagination out of Miami on November 12th.

Thank you all for your responses, especially the info regarding the senior cruise director!!

I feel bad this has happened to you!! Our son is getting married on the Dream in july but on the beach at st thomas...Im hopeful that because its in the middle of summer they wouldnt take over the entire ship for anyone, but hey thats life never know whats going to happen..have a good time on your cruise for spring break...hope everything gets worked out for you!

Wow....I hope you get a full refund of your deposit and maybe some other goodies (maybe on board credit on your up coming cruise) I would definately check out the other cruises/cruise lines for that date or make it a Miami wedding!

It is a shame when something like this happens. Unfortunately that is how it happens. No company can have a ship hanging around 'just in case' someone 'may' want to charter the whole ship.

I do agree they should be helping you find another cruise and can't really believe they are not doing that. I am sure they offered compensation for any flight changes too...they usually do and don't leave you stranded. Of course, you must also be willing to change within their means too. I mean don't be expecting a 7 day cruise in exchange for the 4/5 day you had booked.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you. I don't know why anyone would suggest you write to a cruise director when he has nothing to do with bookings or charters but good luck anyway.

Archived