Impressed with Carnival...Until it came to the most important day of my life!!

melraemic

i was able to just "reserve" this cruise on three different travel websites. .

Bet you don't see it available on carnival.com! Much like I haven't been notified my booking is canceled, Carnival probably doesn't send out the notice to it's travel partners while it is still in talks to charter the ship since it's not 100% "official" yet.

Originally Posted by Tiffany1203 viewpost.gif

OP...have you considered just having it at a different venue in Miami? Maybe even in the Keys for that matter since its close by? There are TONS of beautiful places down there where a wedding could be held! That way everyone could keep their air arrangments the same.

Since the options provided by Carnival don't seem to work for the OP this is by far the best suggestion I have read so far.

To those that are being so nasty I can't believe how low some people can go on these boards lately. Having a few cruises under ones belt does not make them an expert nor does it mean they should require a poster to verify that they are "for real".

Op I'm sure those that are booked on the same cruise as you are greatful that you have alerted them to the possible change in their cruises. If this cruise hasn't been finalized perhaps there's still a chance that the charter deal may fall through.

Ignore the "experts" and please come back to let us know how things work out for you. Good luck and I hope you are able to find something that will work for you and allow you to have the wedding you want :)

Thank you Betty! I hope the OP considers this!

Sorry Carnival screwed you over and I'm sorry the forum bullies are after the newbies AGAIN! They really need to get a life. They must wake up each morning thinking "Who can I pick on today?":rolleyes:

The OP is already quite upset (rightfully so) with Carnival and now a beating here! :eek:

Lighten up folks! These boards are also supposed to be fun. ;)

shocking. Another person who doesn't register and start posting till they have a complaint. And an overly dramatic one at that. It's March. The wedding is in November. There is plenty of time to find an alternative option, which, if the OP had done any legitimate research, she would have had in theory anyway.

And she has no idea what life is really about if she has already decided which day is going to be the most important...

Who made you the Cruise Critic police on what a first persons post can or cannot be? Get over yourself. She has a right to be upset. While any cruise line can do this, it's never fun to be the person that has to deal with this and when you put something as big as a wedding in the plans then it becomes a bigger issue. Have a little sympathy for this person in place of being a d bag.:rolleyes:

It shouldn't matter that it's the OP's first post AND we can debate all we want on the pros and cons of getting married on a cruise, or whether it's the "most important day in ones life"...but the bottom line is CUSTOMER SERVICE! or lack of...

I feel horrible what is happening to the OP but I do think she is getting some great advice/suggestions on how to make her weddin happen...from CC! Which isn't that what this board is SUPPOSED to be about??

What's concerning to me is the lack of customer service she is getting from Carnival, they TOO should be giving her options, advice, and just some simple compassion!

I want people to share their experiences on here good & BAD. I am not so naive to let a couple good or bad reviews decide the type of vacation I take, BUT what I do look for is....patterns. And no one on here can deny that there is a definate trend with Carnivals lack of Customer Service.

OP: Thank you for posting your experience & I really hope everything works out for you!

Was I ever going to plan a wedding on a cruise ship...no. But this does shed some insight on how Carnival "handles" unfortunate situations!

On Carnival's on website the Nov 12 sailing of the Inspiration is NOT showing. There was another thread here last night about someone else who had been told the sailing was chartered. So there are other people who are aware of it. Do you think the OP just made the story up??

Well they all must be wrong..including Carnivals site. :rolleyes:

I dare them to book it on those sites they found the sailing still listed on, Carnival has taken the listing for that sailing off of their site....LMAO

I didn't say she couldn't say anything negative. I didn't tell her she shouldn't be here. I stated FACTS. And anyone who has been married for 20 years will tell her that the wedding day will NOT be the most important day of her life.

Feel free to criticize me as much as you want. I have no qualms about my participation on these boards, I read and share, and post reviews, and answer questions. In fact, I would have been one of the first to tell her all the risks of planning a cruise wedding. If she had asked :)

Well she has NOT been married for 20 years and this will be the most important day of her life until NOW.

man, some people are just miserable and nasty. :rolleyes:

i was able to just "reserve" this cruise on three different travel websites. And went to the other major cruise forums that I am aware of (including on the Carnival site) and there is no word of this particular issue (that I could find). Will be interesting to see how this plays out. OP seems to be the only person who is aware of this issue.

And when it's proven that the OP was correct, we shall be here awaiting your apology to her. ;)

i was able to just "reserve" this cruise on three different travel websites. And went to the other major cruise forums that I am aware of (including on the Carnival site) and there is no word of this particular issue (that I could find). Will be interesting to see how this plays out. OP seems to be the only person who is aware of this issue.

there is a second thread about this cruise being cancelled, so it's not an isolated notification.

Maybe the OP could talk to Carnival about the Destiny. It leaves one day earlier and returns the same day the Imagination does, thus creating the need to only change one flight, not both. I'm sure this would be much cheaper option. I don't think that 1 more day would really effect the whole family dramatically. The Early Saver rates are quite attractive as well.

I posted this yesterday, but it got lost in the mix.

Is this something that travel insurance will cover? If so, could the bride have the flight change fees paid for by insurance? I can't imagine planning the biggest day of my life and not purchasing travel insurance.

I can't imagine what she is going through. I hope this gets worked out soon!

I posted this yesterday, but it got lost in the mix.

Is this something that travel insurance will cover? If so, could the bride have the flight change fees paid for by insurance? I can't imagine planning the biggest day of my life and not purchasing travel insurance.

I can't imagine what she is going through. I hope this gets worked out soon!

I think she was also concerned about all of her guests who had booked flights.

RCCL & NCL have cruises that leave from miami and travel the exact same dates.

:cool:

I'd be sobbing my heart out of a CSM at both of these lines, seeing who'll cut me the best deal. :D

If the guests have insurance would it cover the flight change fees in this situation?

I guess this is another reason to always purchase travel insurance. :rolleyes:

Well she has NOT been married for 20 years and this will be the most important day of her life until NOW.

man, some people are just miserable and nasty. :rolleyes:

hmmm....should I even make a joke about the words "married for 20 years" and "people are just miserable" in the same post?

Guess I better pass, DW reads my posts... :p

But we won't be holding our breath!:rolleyes:

an apology for what? Stating my opinion? I did due diligence looking for other posts with this issue. The other post someone else found did not have the name of the ship or the date in the title or the first post. I didn't call her a liar. I went to several other websites, before I posted. I even checked for a roll call for that cruise, but there wasnt one (that I could find), which is exactly what I said in my earlier post. I didn't say it wasn't true, I said I couldn't find it and I was interested in how it plays out. Which I am.

For what exactly is she due an apology? Why is her right to post (which I didn't deny or discourage) more important than mine?

And this IS fun. I love how some people are allowed to have an opinion, while others are not. You guys are the best :)

be careful. You might upset the bride, and then 10 people will tell you how miserable and nasty you are for making a valid point.

I'd be sobbing my heart out of a CSM at both of these lines, seeing who'll cut me the best deal. :D

exactly!

Who can be the hero and get the good PR out of it...imagine her coming back here and posting how one of those lines gave her a great deal and took care of her whole party and helped with the bookings and allowed them to keep the same flights....that kind of PR is priceless.

:D

If the guests have insurance would it cover the flight change fees in this situation?

IF...you know there are always a few who don't buy it. :rolleyes:

Archived