Impressed with Carnival...Until it came to the most important day of my life!!

melraemic

Oh, I must have missed where she said "until NOW". Sorry.

Well not everyone can see into the future, nor does one take into consideration the next 20 years when making a statement like that.:rolleyes::p

Sorry Carnival screwed you over and I'm sorry the forum bullies are after the newbies AGAIN! They really need to get a life. They must wake up each morning thinking "Who can I pick on today?":rolleyes:
Sometimes it does seem that way..

shocking. Another person who doesn't register and start posting till they have a complaint. And an overly dramatic one at that. It's March. The wedding is in November. There is plenty of time to find an alternative option, which, if the OP had done any legitimate research, she would have had in theory anyway.

And she has no idea what life is really about if she has already decided which day is going to be the most important...

I don't normally flame people, it's not in my nature.

But...

My wedding is also in November. If my wedding plans were to fall through today... I'd find the biggest group of people possible to say "Hey, these people screwed me, I'm pissed, don't let this happen to you" Which is partially what I think she is doing.

Wedding planning is hard for destination weddings (I'm getting married in Vegas, I live in Ohio) There are a lot of things to prepare for, and not too many people that want to hear you complain. She found a good outlet, with a lot of people with sound advice.

And as far as her deciding that this is the most important day of her life, right now, it very well may be. This is a big deal to her as people have already sunk some good money into this.

I think you are being rude. just IMHO.

to the OP: I just came back from Miami, there are some beautiful places, some beautiful beaches, I'd personally do some research on beach weddings in Miami. Maybe the keys, but that would involve transporting people from Miami to the keys. Call carnival, try to make them see that you have a bunch of people wih money in on this trip, see if they can transfer you to another ship, or let them know you need all of the money back so you can book elsewhere.

Sas far as your next cruise, go, have fun, relax. It's a week away from wedding planning, enjoy your fiance, because hopefully you only get one engagement and you should make the most of it!

Best of luck!

an apology for what? Stating my opinion? I did due diligence looking for other posts with this issue. The other post someone else found did not have the name of the ship or the date in the title or the first post. I didn't call her a liar. I went to several other websites, before I posted. I even checked for a roll call for that cruise, but there wasnt one (that I could find), which is exactly what I said in my earlier post. I didn't say it wasn't true, I said I couldn't find it and I was interested in how it plays out. Which I am.

For what exactly is she due an apology? Why is her right to post (which I didn't deny or discourage) more important than mine?

And this IS fun. I love how some people are allowed to have an opinion, while others are not. You guys are the best :)

Do you honestly think the tone of your posts, especially that first one, doesn't discourage people, especially newbies, from posting? If you were that thorough with your due diligence, you would have went directly to Carnival's website, as I did last night, and saw that the sailing was no longer showing.

What is sad to me is how some people, when presented with an opportunity to help or console, or just offer a sypathetic ear, will instead choose to belittle and berate. It makes the boards a very unwelcoming place.

Well not everyone can see into the future, nor does one take into consideration the next 20 years when making a statement like that.:rolleyes::p

I'ts not about seeing into the future. But, and I may be wrong, shouldn't you be envisioning the next 50 years when you decide to marry someone? Two words and a party were never ever my idea of the most important day or moment of my life, it was just a step to get to the rest - the house, the family, etc. I know I'm persona non grata on this thread, but I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't think a wedding comes even the least bit close to being the most important day in the grand scheme of life(and yes, I am a girl).

I'ts not about seeing into the future. But, and I may be wrong, shouldn't you be envisioning the next 50 years when you decide to marry someone? Two words and a party were never ever my idea of the most important day or moment of my life, it was just a step to get to the rest - the house, the family, etc. I know I'm persona non grata on this thread, but I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't think a wedding comes even the least bit close to being the most important day in the grand scheme of life(and yes, I am a girl).

Wow....your posts just keep going downhill:rolleyes:

Archived