CD David Cole

lmaron

Does anybody know which ship David Cole is the Cruise Director on currently? I was on the Golden in November 2008 and he was the CD on that ship. Is he still on the Golden? I am going on the Golden in July and am hoping he will still be there. On the short amount of cruises I've been on, David is my favorite. What do all of you think of David Cole?

We were on the Golden in February and David Cole was our Cruise Director..and yes he is wonderful for the Hawaiian Island cruise. I do believe I heard that he will be going on vacation after the Hawaii cruises end in May. Usually the cruise directors are assigned to different ships so who knows..maybe you can call Princess and find out...

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the nice words, cruisers. This is Dave - I am on vacation through June 11th when I will return to Golden and work the Alaska cruises until the end of the Alaska season. I'll take another break in late September and return to the Hawai'i cruises the day before Thanksgiving - it's be the first time in 5 years that I won't be there for the start-up of Hawai'i! But I will be on for Christmas & New Year 2012, and am planning some great things for the season & the holidays!

Thanks for the post David.

We are Sailing on Golden in Feb 2012, 1st or 15th and we wanted to know if you and Elua would be on board.

Elua has responded (yes) and now you! This is great!

Anxious to meet you (in Feb)

Have a GREAT VACATION!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the nice words, cruisers. This is Dave - I am on vacation through June 11th when I will return to Golden and work the Alaska cruises until the end of the Alaska season. I'll take another break in late September and return to the Hawai'i cruises the day before Thanksgiving - it's be the first time in 5 years that I won't be there for the start-up of Hawai'i! But I will be on for Christmas & New Year 2012, and am planning some great things for the season & the holidays!

I am so glad someone posted this question!! I have been trying to find out if David is going to be the CD when my best friend and I do the Hawaii cruise leaving December 7th. My hubby and I were on the Hawaii cruise in January 2010 and we had a great time thanks to Dave and his wonderful staff.

You all do an incredible job with keeping a ship of 2600 entertained for 8 sea days and 5 port days! So glad you will be the CD on the cruise - I am looking forward to seeing you again! :D

Melanie

Dave,

I am so glad you will be on the Golden for the Thanksgiving sailing. Dear friends of ours will be on that sailing, and I know they will enjoy the sea days more with you on board!

Meanwhile have a great vacation in lovely Carlisle, my niece heads back there in mid-August for her last year of law school.......

We really enjoyed the cultural programs and ukelele classes when we were on the Golden the other spring!

Take care,

Ginger

I do hope Mr Cole is the CD on the Golden next April. We sailed with him on the Island, and had a wonderful time. He is also (or you are, DC, if you read this) our favorite CD to date. He made our cruise interesting and fun, and his professionalism and enthusiasm showed in all of the entertainment and activities.

Hi Dave, DH and I will be sailing on the Golden October 2012. Couldn't tell from above post whether or not you'll be there. We have heard so many wonderful things about you and your staff on the Hawaii sailings. We are both looking forward to sailing with you! Thanks for all you do.

Cruisin' Aunt (Linda)

Hi, Dave. We have heard so many wonderful things about you and will be on board the Golden P in only 5 DAYS celebrating our wedding anniversary. We look forward to meeting you:D

Dana and Eldred

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dave! (or anyone who knows)

I really enjoyed the golden princess cruise to Alaska in June, 2011. The staff was amazing, and I was wondering if the same staff (Toby, Ashley, Armando etc.) is on Golden on the December/New Year trip to Hawaii? This is a determining factor for my family on which princess ship we will sail on.

Thanks! :)

Hi Dave, DARN, we will miss you again. We enjoyed our Hawaii cruise on the Golden this April12, but missed you. Going again on the Golden this October, while you are on vacation. We are also booked on the Star out of S.F. next April,are you by any chance switching from the Golden to the Star:p??

We done 24 Princess cruises and I hope one of these days we be on one with you.

We had Dave Cole as our CD on the Golden to Hawaii. What I observed was a guy who was thoroughly comfortable doing what he does. No forced niceness, no over acting, nothing fake period. This guy just owns the Golden and the Hawaii program, is his baby. It just works! I have no idea how he does on the one week Alaska cruises but on the Hawaii run, he shines.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, does everyone take this to mean that David WILL be on the Golden for the February 1, 1012 cruise to Hawaii? I've been told I must take the Golden to Hawaii only if David is the CD, otherwise, maybe take the Sapphire on Feb. 4th, but she's just coming out of dry dock then:(.

Dave - we just got off the Golden yesterday and the Hawaii cruise was not the same without you. Eula was WONDERFUL as always but the CD was no where close to as good as you.

We enjoyed our vacation and hope you are enjoying yours

So, does everyone take this to mean that David WILL be on the Golden for the February 1, 1012 cruise to Hawaii? I've been told I must take the Golden to Hawaii only if David is the CD, otherwise, maybe take the Sapphire on Feb. 4th, but she's just coming out of dry dock then:(.

Oops, guess I need to figure out how to edit my own messages. Date of the cruise we are looking at is obviously NOT 1012! It's 2012!!! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello David (aka-CruzwithDC),

Princess just notified us that you won't be on the Golden Princess for the November 23rd, 2011 cruise to Hawaii now. Hope you're ok? We'll definitely miss you. If you have future plans to be on Princess, please let us all know where & when. Thank you kindly...

Tom

Hello David (aka-CruzwithDC),

Princess just notified us that you won't be on the Golden Princess for the November 23rd, 2011 cruise to Hawaii now. Hope you're ok? We'll definitely miss you. If you have future plans to be on Princess, please let us all know where & when. Thank you kindly...

Tom

David, we are mightily disappointed that you won't be our CD on the November 23rd sailing to Hawaii as previously scheduled. Having enjoyed so much the way you handled your responbilities on a previous Hawaii cruise, we chose the Golden because you would be on board. We hope you are well. Please know that you will be sorely missed.

I called Princess. After checking with someone, the representative told me that David Cole will be sailing to Hawaii on the Sapphire on November 26th, three days after we sail on the Golden where he was originally scheduled. Their gain, our loss. I would guess that Princess made the decision to switch him to the other ship. I'm not a happy camper.