Anyone ever had a cruise cancelled...

Randisoko

I just read that our November cruise was completely chartered for a wedding.:( Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm supposed to call "guest admin" tomorrow morning to discuss my "options." I still want to cruise that weekend for my 35th birthday.

Not canceled for a wedding or anything, but back in '05, we booked the Holiday for a Jan '06 cruise. Then due to Hurricane Katrina, they cancelled our cruise. We of course got all our deposit back, plus they gave us $100 shipboard credit for each of us (my family of four) for any future cruise we wanted. We ended up booking the Triumph in Aug '06 with $400 spending money!

Not canceled for a wedding or anything, but back in '05, we booked the Holiday for a Jan '06 cruise. Then due to Hurricane Katrina, they cancelled our cruise. We of course got all our deposit back, plus they gave us $100 shipboard credit for each of us (my family of four) for any future cruise we wanted. We ended up booking the Triumph in Aug '06 with $400 spending money!

Same with us but we recieved $200 pp and had to fight to get our original military discount (we did win).

I just read that our November cruise was completely chartered for a wedding.:( Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm supposed to call "guest admin" tomorrow morning to discuss my "options." I still want to cruise that weekend for my 35th birthday.[/quo

That must be a huge and very expensive wedding. We don't come close to knowing enough people to fill a cruise ship!

Oh my, that sucks....Uhm, do you by chance have the NAME of the wedding party in questions, cuz I`d like to find out if that family has a son who`s 30something and still single.......

Holy crap! Chartering a whole ship for a wedding...Must be like that fmaily that is building a 27 story high rise HOME for their immediate family....ya, a 27 story buidling as a home, and every floor has different and unique design and materials...Man, I`d like to know that family.....

This is how rumors get out of hand. The cruise in question was not cancelled for a wedding. There was a passenger going to be married , she posted that her wedding cruise was cancelled because the ship was chartered by some company.

NO, I called and was told it was chartered for a wedding!!!! I know someone posted about her wedding cruise being cancelled, which is how I found out about it. When I spoke with Carnival, I was told by the person employed by Carnival that it was chartered for a wedding. I'm not starting rumors, I'm simply stating what was told to me when I inquired about my cruise in November.

We only had one cancelled but I guess since the Star Princess caught fire, we forgave them. We got diddly-squat from Princess but really didn't expect anything considering why it was cancelled. We were able to rebook for the same time period on Holland America's Zuiderdam so no great loss.

This is SUCH a bummer that your cruise got canceled! Inspiration is a sister ship to Imagination you might enjoy! The ship sails out of Tampa! We were just on the Inspiration in January! LOVED Tampa!

Will they give you the same price for the same room on a simular ship? I would be VERY mad if not!

Good luck on your decision!!!! ;)

This is SUCH a bummer that your cruise got canceled! Inspiration is a sister ship to Imagination you might enjoy! The ship sails out of Tampa! We were just on the Inspiration in January! LOVED Tampa!

Will they give you the same price for the same room on a simular ship? I would be VERY mad if not!

Good luck on your decision!!!! ;)

I'm not sure what they will do. I just want the same deal I had for the Imagination. Port hole room on Empress deck for SUPER cheap! I'll be very upset if I have to pay more and they keep my deposit. I booked early saver, but surely they will not penalize me twice??? Oh Well, I'll call tomorrow and hopefully be able to switch to the Sensation or another weekend on Imagination. Luckily, I live in Florida and can drive to 4 ports. However, I'm a teacher so I cannnot take off much more than 2 days during November.

Hmmm...I just called Carnival about this cruise since I am/was? booked and noticed it wasn't showing up on Carnival anymore.

I asked if it was chartered and the lady didn't seem to know what it meant to charter a cruise ship. :rolleyes: Was told groups are only booked if there is space available on the ship. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She said my booking was still in place though, but I repeated a few times how strange I thought it was that a ship would be fully booked so far in advance and not be chartered. She couldn't tell me what kind of group it was though. Transferred me to group bookings but they are closed.

Guess I'll call back tonight just to see what they say. Maybe their system isn't updated fast enough to show my booking is actually canceled.

I'm not sure what they will do. I just want the same deal I had for the Imagination. Port hole room on Empress deck for SUPER cheap! I'll be very upset if I have to pay more and they keep my deposit. I booked early saver, but surely they will not penalize me twice??? Oh Well, I'll call tomorrow and hopefully be able to switch to the Sensation or another weekend on Imagination. Luckily, I live in Florida and can drive to 4 ports. However, I'm a teacher so I cannnot take off much more than 2 days during November.

Don't go on the Sensation it was horrible when we went in November '09.:mad:

Hmmm...I just called Carnival about this cruise since I am/was? booked and noticed it wasn't showing up on Carnival anymore.

I asked if it was chartered and the lady didn't seem to know what it meant to charter a cruise ship. :rolleyes: Was told groups are only booked if there is space available on the ship. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She said my booking was still in place though, but I repeated a few times how strange I thought it was that a ship would be fully booked so far in advance and not be chartered. She couldn't tell me what kind of group it was though. Transferred me to group bookings but they are closed.

Guess I'll call back tonight just to see what they say. Maybe their system isn't updated fast enough to show my booking is actually canceled.

They didn't know what I was talking about either. She put me on hold and went to speak with her supervisor, who confirmed for her. She came back laughing about a passenger knowing before an employee. I guess she doesn't read CC:).

Don't go on the Sensation it was horrible when we went in November '09.:mad:

Oh no!!!!!!! That's the only other date that would work for us. Now, I'm getting worried. I guess I better do a little research on the Sensation before I switch to her. Thanks for the heads up.

That's a bunch of BS that they cancelled a cruise for a wedding charter? How many of those original passengers now have to scramble to rebook on another ship for the same dates or just don't go on a cruise/vacation at all. I think Carnival should be ashamed of doing that. I can understand if it's a drydock or mechanical issue that is beyound their control, but this is pretty low.

They didn't know what I was talking about either. She put me on hold and went to speak with her supervisor, who confirmed for her. She came back laughing about a passenger knowing before an employee. I guess she doesn't read CC:).

Yeah...2nd person telling me my booking is still showing up as valid. Asked if it takes a couple days for existing books to show up as canceled if the ship is chartered. Tells me I'm sure they would send you an email... :rolleyes:

She's asking guest services or something right now...after I stressed I'm reading others reporting their booking has been canceled due to the ship being chartered.

I'm being told they "don't have any information" on the ship being chartered.

pffffff.............

Oh well....this was supposed to be just a quick one before we do the Nov 15th 4 day on the Imagination followed by 8 day on the Miracle with it's Aruba itinerary. Just trying to get to Platinum. So I'm not going to be too ticked off knowing others had bigger plans for this one than we did.

Too bad 2 Carnival reps don't seem to know the ship is chartered however....

Back in July of 2000, we had just set sail out of Miami aboard the Paradise when the ship had mechanical problems. We had just cleared the jetty when the ship stopped. The captain announced that we were returning to the dock so that inspectors could look at the problem.

The problem turned out to be one of the steering mechanisms was leaking and the only way to repair it was to take the ship to dry dock! Therefore, our cruise was canceled!!!

They allowed everyone to stay onboard while Carnival rescheduled flights for those that needed them. We were onboard from Saturday morning to late Monday afternoon. At least the gave us room and board!

Carnival refunded our entire cruise fare, and then gave everyone a FREE cruise at a future date. They also refunded every penny that I spent on airfare, hotel rooms and taxi fares, provided I had receipts (which I did)! Not bad, huh? They sure don't do that any more!!!

:cool:Bill

We were booked on a 4-day Elation this past Thanksgiving week, Sun-Thurs (2009), ES rate. I think it was a low rate since it ended on Thanksgiving day. About 6 months before the cruise we were informed it was cancelled due to Carnival changing Elation's itineraries and adding 5-days. We could rebook any time on any 4 or 5 day cruise. That was an easy decision! We took a 5-day on Elation between Christmas and New Years, same low rate we had booked, same cabin. Worked out great for us! Have to try to make that happen again.

Archived